We’ll meet in the morning and spend the day at Les Diablerets ski area. We may ascend Les Diablerets (3041 m).
We’ll begin the day in Anzere and ski to the Cabanne des Audannes to spend the night there.
From the Cabanne des Audannes we’ll climb the Wildhorn (3247 m) and ascend the Tungel Glacier to the Wildhorn Hut (2303 m).
From the hut we’ll climb the Schnidehore (3297 m). Then we’ll descend to the Wildstrubel Hut (2791 m).
From the Wildstrubel Hut we’ll cross the Glacier de la Plain Mort before climbing the Wildstrubel (3243 m) and then we’ll ski down past the Lammerenhutte to the Gemmipass lift station. Then we’ll return to our starting point.
- The tour can be extended for one or two days allowing ascents to peaks such as the Daubenhorn (2941.7m), Roter Totz (2848m) and the Balmhorn (3698m).
IFMGA / UIAGM Mountain Guide
I have been climbing for 23 years and instructing for over 19 years. I'm a fully qualified IFGMA Mountain Guide, full MIC and Technical Advisor for a number of local councils and other organisations.
I'm based in Edinburgh which allows me quick access to the Highlands of Scotland and the Lake District. As well as climbing across the UK, I have climbed and skied extensively throughout Europe, Scandinavia and New Zealand.
My personal highlights so far include:
- When The Wind Blows (E6) Back Bowden, Northumberland
- White Magic (VII, 7) Northern Corries, Cairngorms
- South Pillar of La Barre des Ecrins (TD, 1000m) French Alps
Some of my favourite climbs are:
- Poker Face (E1) Pavey Ark, Lake District
- Point 5 Gully (V) Ben Nevis
- North Ridge of Pollux (AD) Swiss Alps
Please get in touch with me if you want to discover the mountains of Scotland or any other around the globe !
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!