The Aosta Valley is an awesome location for ski touring / backcountry skiing enthusiasts. You can find routes suitable for all kind of ski tourer levels, beginners as well as more experienced skiers.
We can go together for one or several days. Leaving each day from the same place and go where the snow conditions are the best, if you are based in Courmayeur or Aosta for example. Or go on a hut to hut ski tour, from rifugio to rifugio.
Among all the ski destinations of the Aosta Valley, here are some of my favourite:
- Monte Rosa (Mont Rose) Mountain range
- Gran Paradiso (Grand Paradis) Massif
- Val di Rhemes – Valgrisenche
- Gran San Bernardo (Grand Saint Bernard)
Here are 3 suggestions of ski tours:
1. Gran Paradiso ski tour in 5 days
- Day 1 – Valnontey (Cogne) – Riffugio Vittorio Sella
- Day 2 – Vittorio Sella – Grand Sertz (Peak) – Refugio Chabod
- Day 3 – Chabod – Gran Paradiso – Ref Vittorio Emanuele
- Day 4 – V. Emanuele – Tresenta (Peak) – Rif Pontese
- Day 5 – Pontese – Colle Teleccio – Punta Odenzana (Peak) – Lilla (Cogne)
2. Ski touring in Val di Rhemes and Valgrisenche in 3 days
- Day 1 – Valgrisenche – Bonne – Rifugio Mario Bezzi
- Day 2 – Rif Bezzi – Col Bassac – Gran Traversière (Peak) – Rifugio Benevolo
- Day 3 – Rif Benevolo – Granta Parei (Peak) – Rhemes
3. Monte Rosa ski tour in 5 days
- Day 1 – Cervinia – Rif Guide del Cervino – Breithorn (Peak) – Rifugio Guide d’Ayas
- Day 2 – Rif Guide Ayas – Castore (peak) – Rifugio Quintino Sella
- Day 3 – Rif Quintino Sella – Naso del Lyskamm (Peak) – Ref Gnifetti
- Day 4 – Rif Gnifetti – Balmenhorn (peak) – Capanna regina Margherita (Peak end Refuge)
- Day 5 – Capanna Regina Margherita – descente sul le grenzglacier – Zermatt – Lift – Cervinia
In all these places, it’s possible to go for one day or organize a several days ski tour. You tell me how many days you have and I organise for you the ski trip of your life 🙂 When inquiring through this page, please specify the number of days you would like to be guided.
Besides good skiing, you will enjoy in the Aosta Valley breathtaking landscapes, wild places inhabited by chamois and ibex, very welcoming refuges if we go on a ski tour and amazing food !
There are here many mountains and valleys where it’s always possible to find good snow. There are in the Aosta area some of the most known peaks and glaciers of the Alps, including some above 4000 meters high, accessible for ski tourers.
If you have 2 minutes, I recommend you to watch this short video which has been recorded when I guided some clients in Crevacol (Aosta Valley) in March 2016.
If you want to come in this area, please get in touch with me. It will be my pleasure to guide you in my home valley and share with you my secret ski spots.
Price per person
|Group of 2||165EUR|
|Group of 3||110EUR|
|Group of 4||90EUR|
|Group of 5||75EUR|
|Group of 6||70EUR|
- Guiding fee
It will depend on the program we do.