The Yala Peak with its altitude of 5,732m is a beautiful trekking summit in the Langtang region. It is perfect for beginners who wish to learn the mountaineer basics while experiencing a real climb in the Himalayas. It is a non technical ascent.
It is located North of the Kathmandu valley. The summit offers a breathtaking view on the surroundings including the Shishapangma (8,013m.) and the Gangchempo (6,388m.).
It will be my pleasure to guide you there and while on the glacier teach you the basics of alpinism: walking roped, hiking with crampons, use ice axe…
I’m a mountain guide from Nepal. I have been partially trained in Chamonix and I’m certified by IFMGA (The International Federation of the Mountain Guide Associations).
The journey start with a drive to Syabrubesi (7 hours from Kathmandu). We then hike up for 6 days the Langtang Valley to Kyangjing Gompa at 3,870m.
Langtang area is a very good choice for all trekkers. This region is beautiful and culturally very rich. In addition, the trails are less crowded and the people living there are very friendly.
Kyanjin Gompa is located below Langtang Lirung (7,246m). We will establish our base camp on a meadow at (5,033m.) and climb Yala Peak the next day. The last 400m is on ice so we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope etc.
Please find below the day by day program:
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel
Day 2: Prepare for the trip, check the equipment and rent what’s missing. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu .
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (2,250m)
7-8 hrs by local bus, overnight in tea house.
Day 4: Trek from Syabrubesi to the Lama Hotel (2,470m)
6hrs, overnight in tea house.
Day 5: Trek from the Lama Hotel to the Langtang Village (3,330m)
5hrs, overnight in tea house.
Day 6: Trek from the Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m)
3hrs, overnight in tea house.
Day 7: Acclimatisation day in Kyangjin (ascending and descending course).
Day 8: Trek to the Yala peak Base (5,033m)
Overnight in the tent.
Day 9: Climbing Yala Peak (5,732m) and descend to Base camp
Overnight in the tent or in a tea house in Kyangjin
Day 10: Trek down Kyanjin to Lama hotel
Overnight in tea house.
Day 11: Trek down Lama hotel to Syabrubesi
Overnight in tea house.
Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu by local bus and transfer to the hotel
Day 13: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and shopping day
Day 14: Transfer to the airport and fly back home
If you are interested by this unique and accessible expedition in the amazing Himalayas please get in touch with me and let’s discuss about your stay here.
Spend a fantastic time in a fabulous country: visit Nepal, and let yourself be amazed by its beauty, while helping it rebuild.
– 1 person = +/- 1550 USD
– 2 persons = +/- 2450 USD
– Hotel in Kathmandu
– Tea houses during the hike, tent during the ascent (2 nights)
Included in the price
– Hotel/airport/Hotel transfers
– Hotel bed and breakfast accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin-sharing basis whilst in Kathmandu, and en route to the Yala Peak.
– Full board accommodation in lodges
Not included in the price
– Personal climbing equipment but note that I can lend or rent all the climbing gear except boots.
– Visa fees original entry visa into Nepal. This can be obtained at the airport upon arrival.
– Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
– Drinks. Laundry, Postage, Telephone calls, emails and other items of a personal nature.
– Any costs associated with you leaving the expedition early.
– Any costs associated with arriving back in Kathmandu early, for example, having climbed the mountain ahead of schedule.
– Personal medical and travel insurance and cancelation insurance (must have emergency helicopter evacuation).
– Lunch and evening meals (dinner) in Kathmandu.
– Personal spending money.
– Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
– Tips for all local support crews.
Spots of interest
Hiking in the Langtang Region
Price per person
|Group of 2||1225USD|
|The prices are approximate.|