Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
– Meet at base in downtown Ísafjörður at 8:30am
– One-hour boat trip to Kvíar farmhouse
– Talk regarding the local area and Arctic Foxes
– Look for foxes or go on valley hike
– Home-cooked dinner at farmhouse
– Boat back to base at 8pm
Open to everyone
Our base in Aðalstræti 17 (downtown main street) in Ísafjörður.
We have guaranteed departures every Wednesday and Friday.
Please bring with you:
- Warm outdoor clothing. Please avoid cotton as it keeps you cold when wet and takes a very long time to dry
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Hiking boots. Please use waterproof high-top hiking boots which provide ankle support
- Hat and gloves
- Sunhat, sunglasses and sunscreen, it can get sunny up here!
- Small backpack
- Water bottle
- Don't forget your camera!
I hold a degree in geography and started my guiding career as a mountain biking and hiking guide in the summer for different adventure companies in Iceland. I also worked as a tourism consultant for few years but felt it was time to put my skills into practice and put up an adventure operation in cooperation with other good people.
I was a boy scout when I was younger and learned to love the outdoors, especially the mountains. Skiing, ice & rock climbing and kayaking are my favorite sports and a part of his job. I have for years led mountaineering and avalanche SAR courses for the Icelandic Rescue Team Association.
Among other things, I have scaled 6000 m peaks in Peru, done skiing and kayaking expeditions in Greenland, climbed in the Alps few times and done paragliding in the Pyrenees.
I have finished WFR first aid training, hold a BCU 4 star kayaking certificate, have finished my marine CTCW training to be qualified as a professional crew member and Canadian Level I and Level II avalanche training.
My great experience and expertise means that you're in safe hands.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!