OLLEROS – CHAVIN TREK
It’s located to the south – east of Huaraz, this trek is perfect place to enjoy the nature, archaeology, and millenary pre- Inca trail, as well as is ideal place for acclimatization and lovely Mountain View such.
• Maximum altitude: 4700 m (Yanashallash Pass).
• Difficulty: Easy – moderate.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Olleros village at (3450m) – Sacracancha Camp at (4300m) (Trek time: 4 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hours).
Departure from Huaraz at 7.00 am. to the south of Callejon de Huaylas until Olleros village at 3450 m, from this village we will start walking up along the river esteeming scrubland, huge snowcapped peaks as: Shacsha at 5700 m, Uruash raju at 5722 m, after 5 or 6 hours walking up we will reach the Sacracancha camp site. Overnight camp at Sacracancha.
DAY 2: Sacracancha Camp. at (4300m) – Yanashallas pass at (4700m) – camp Shocopampa at (4050) (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our breakfast we will pick up our camp gear to start walking up toward Yanashallash pass at 4700 m, after that we walk down on switchbacks until Shonco camping spot at 4050 m, Overnight camp at Shonco camp site.
DAY 3: Shonco Camp at (4050m) – Chavin town at (3137m) – Huaraz (Trek time: 4 hours (descend) / driving time: 3 hours).
After our breakfast we will start walking down toward Chavin town, on the way we will through picturesque villages, as soon as we get Chavin we will visit amazing pre- Inca archaeological site, then we will comeback Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of “K2 Peru Adventures”.
• Donkey driver, who is allowed to drive 5 donkeys.
• Donkey service to transport our trek equipment.
• Private transport from Huaraz – Olleros / Chavin – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz..
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in Huaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.