QUILLCAYHUANCA – COJUP TREK
Its located to the east site of Huaraz on Quillcayhuanca & cojup valley, where is perfect place to enjoy the nature and to see wild animal in their habitats, lovely mountain view such as: mount san Juan, mount Tullparaju, mount Chinchey, mount Maparaju, mount Andavite, mount Ranrapalca, mount Palcaraju, mount Pucaranra and beautiful glacier lakes. In this trip we dong use donkey and donkey driver service because is challenge and abrupt.
• Maximum altitude: 5000 m. (Huapy Pass).
• Difficulty: Hard to challenge.
• Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
• Preferred time: April – October.
• Location: Cordillera Blanca.
• Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C dring the day/ at night -03°C to – 1°C.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Quillcayhuanca gate at (3850m) – Cuchillacocha Lake Camp at (4600m) (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend) / driving up time: 1 hour).
Departure from Huaraz at 7.00 am. to the east side on dirt road until Quillcayhuanca gate, From this place we will start walking up, along Quillcayhuanca valley, as soon as we approach at Tullpacocha lake we will enjoy terrific mountain view about snowcapped peaks and lakes , after 6 hours walking up we will reach our good camping spot at 4600 m. Overnight camp at Cuchillacocha Lake.
DAY 2: Cuchillacocha Lake Camp at (4600m) – Huapy pass at (5000m) – Palcacocha Lake camp at (4560m) (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend).
After our hearty breakfast we will start walking up toward Huapy pass at 5000 m. where we will enjoy stunning view about a dozen peaks around us such as: mount Ranrapalka at 6162 m, mount Tullparaju at 5780 m, mount Palcaraju at 6110, majestic mount Huantzan at 6395 m, after that we will descend until our camp site at Palcacocha Lake 4560 m. Last day camp at Palcacocha Lake.
DAY 3: Palcacocha Lake at (4560m) – Cojup gate at (3850m) – Huaraz (Trek time: 4 hours (descend) / driving time: 1 hour).
After our breakfast we will walk down along Cojup valley, after 4 hours walking down we will get until Cojup gate, where our private transport is waiting us to drive Huaraz.
OUR TREK PRICE INCLUDES:
• Qualified trekking guide.
• Cook specialized in normal and vegetarian dishes.
• Full first aid kid.
• Camping equipment (double sleeping tent, matrass, and etc.).
• Equipment and cook tools (cook tent, utensil kitchen, and more).
• Personalized service of “K2 Peru Adventures”.
Private transport from Huaraz – Quilcayhuanca gate / Cojup gate – Huaraz.
• Meal during the trek (breakfast, picnic, dinner).
• The meal contain enough carbohydrate to recover the lost energy during the trek (omelet, soup, fresh fruit, meats, pasta, raze, hot drinks, coca tea, which is ideal for altitude sickness).
• You should do early book to get special discounts.
• For booking validation you should deposit a 40% of total price, and rest 60% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Our accommodation service has hot water, private bathroom, TV with cable connection, restaurant, cafe shop, which is located at down town.
• Bus service from Lima – Huaraz – Lima with “Cruz del Sur or Movil tours” with Wi-Fi connection.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
THE PRICE NOT INCLUDES:
– Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran National Park 65.00 soles.
– Alimentation in hHuaraz city.
– Sleeping bag (adequate -15° C).
PERSONAL TREK GEAR:
– Hiking boots.
– Polar Tec or wool gloves.
– Sun hat.
– Polar Tec or wool cap.
– Sun glasses UV protection.
– A back pack between 40 l to 70 l.
– Waterproof jacket Gore-Tex.
– Waterproof pants Gore-Tex.
– Water bottle.
– Sun scream.
– Personal first aid kid.
– Hiking poles.
– Overcoat clothes.
– A camera.
– Sleeping bag -15° C.
– Personal toilets and small synthetic towel.
Price per person
|Group of 2||500.00USD|