Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team on a 6-day backcountry splitboarding trip in the Monte Rosa massif, in the Italian Alps.
Mar, Apr, May, Jun
Monte Rosa is an ice-covered mountain massif lying on the eastern region of the Pennine Alps (also known as the Valais Alps), on the northwest of Italy, bounding with Switzerland. With an elevation of 4,634 meters, it is the second-highest mountain in the Alps and in the whole western Europe.
Monte Rosa is also one of the top mountaineering and backcountry skiing destinations in Europe. Given its high altitude, it features huge off-piste areas with deep powder during long seasons. Eternal snows and extensive glaciers largely cover the whole mountain, except for its granite ridge summit.
Our tour will depart from the Cervinia ski resort, located in the Aosta Valley, where we will take the lift up to the Plateau Rosa ski area (3,500m).
During 6 days, we will splitboard across Monte Rosa’s slopes and high valleys, spending the nights in different mountain refuges, among which is the famous Regina Margherita Hut (4,559m), the highest mountain shelter in Europe. As a highlight, we will traverse across several mountains in the area, visiting 6 peaks over 4,000 meters on the fifth day!
Explore the stunning Monte Rosa massif in this world-class splitboarding adventure. Send me your booking request now!
I also offer a ski touring version of this program. If you are looking for other splitboarding outings in the area, check out the Grand Saint Bernard pass 3-day tour and the Grand Paradiso National Park 6-day trip.
- Guiding fee
Meeting in Cervinia. Lift up to Plateau Rosa ski area. Ascent to Breithorn peak (4,164m). Overnight at the Ayas Guides Refuge.
Splitboard across Castore mountain’s west side (4,228m). Felik pass traverse towards Quintino Sella Refuge.
Traverse across Lyskamm mountain’s south face (4,527m) and climb it’s “nose” (4,150m). Descent to Grifetti Refuge.
Splitboarding day towards Regina Margherita Hut, the highest refuge in Europe (4,559m).
Traverse across 6 peaks over 4,000 meters: Punta Zumstain, Punta Parrot, Ludwigshoe, Como Nero, Balmenhorn, and Piramide Vincent. Overnight at the Mantova Refuge.
Descent to the Gressoney commune and drive back to Cervinia by bus.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Hi, good service from explore share and peaks hunter, only some miscommunication on 2 or 3 days program, due to bad communication between you both. The guide was OK, friendly although non very experienced in the practice of pédagogie and communication, especially before couloir des Goûter s, there can be better briefing on security and also in general on the whole expedition. But he can grow by learning some coaching lessons. We did not do the final ascension due to bad weather, a proposal and financial compensation for 2nd attempt would have been welcome.6/10.can do better.
Claudio is a great guide. He was careful to select objectives that matched our ability, and showed us a great time in beautiful Valpelline. Bravo.
Rolando was a great guide, super nice person... what else?
Great experience all over. The guides Rolando, Ellis and Claudio were very professional and nice. I always felt safe and the route was amazing. Good food and lodging also.
Although the weather wasn't the best on the day of our backcountry skiing trip, it was still the highlight of our stay in Courmayeur. Alberto was very helpful and overall an excellent guide. We highly recommend Alberto for any one in need of a backcountry skiing guide in Courmayeur.
Maira Valley 6-day guided splitboarding tour, Italy
Porta Nera splitboarding trip in Cervinia
2-day splitboarding tour in Breithorn and Porta Nera
Monte Rosa guided splitboarding week
Grand Paradiso guided splitboarding week
Monte Rosa guided splitboarding week traverse
Gran Paradiso, Alps, 7 Day Guided Splitboarding
Ski touring in Monte Matto and Argentera
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.