Mountaineering in the Alps is the flagship discipline of mountain guides. The playground is large and varied. Some activities that can be done are: ridge course, a glacier hike, a chute, a rock pillar, a joint face… Everything is possible and wonderful!
And the craziest thing is that all mountains are full of these extraordinary courses. From the introductory course to the major course, there’s always something for all levels and tastes.
Here, my favourites … My top 10
- Mont Blanc: Done in good conditions and with a good strategy, this summit is accessible and grandiose. You need to be in good physical condition .
- La Barre des Ecrins: an incredible peak and a varied course (glacier edge). To reach the summit of the Ecrins massif at4102m .
- La Dibona: the most svelte and beautiful mountain. Just looking at it challenges our ability to climb it, it is very steep!!
- La Grande Casse: the Vanoise’s summit. This is a unique viewpoint in the middle of the French Alps.
- The South ridge of Moine: A perfect granite for an ascent in the heart of the Mont-Blanc .
- Les aiguilles d’Entrêves: An aerial and accessible edge crossing over the huge glaciers of the Ice Sea.
- The normal way of Rateau: a wild valley, a refuge placed and friendly and an easy and beautiful course.
- Le Grand Paradis: An unique perspective that offers an overview of the entire Alpine arc.
- Crossing of the Aiguille de la Vanoise: A narrow ridge of moderate difficulty at the sky of the Vanoise .
- Le Mont Aiguille: An unconquerable fortress to look into the beautiful surroundings of the Vercors Regional Park
I will help you choose the best option for you to enjoy the mountaineering in The Alps. I invite you to contact me if you want more information about this amazing adventure!
Some important tips:
- 1 to 2 people per guide depending on field conditions and the courses chosen. Only glacial hikes and some easier summits (but not necessarily less mythical – Grand Paradis, Dôme des Ecrins, etc.) are considered, up to 5 people per guide.
- The mountaineering courses are essentially from private companies that offer great flexibility and a privileged relationship with the guide.
- Practices of “initiation ” or ” development ” from 4 to 6 days can be offered to a group from 2 to 5 people. The purpose of this courses is to achieve more autonomy in the mountains.
I invite you to contact me If you want more information about this incredible experience in the Alps.
Price per person
- Guiding fee