Nevado Tocllaraju is one of the most beautiful mountains of Cordillera Blanca and also one of the most ascended by mountaineers.
I want to invite you to a 4-day climb program in Nevado Tocllaraju, in the Ishinca Valley. This is a great summit that allows climbs without using rappels.
It has 6034 meters high and has many glaciers surrounding it. It lies, more precisely in Huascaran National Park, so it offers incredible landscapes and a unique flora and fauna. What is more, is a great climb experience for those climbers whose want to attempt bigger objectives in the future.
During the trip we’ll rest in comfortable mountain refuges. In addition we’ll have the pleasure to be guide by a Peruvian mountain guide. This will allow us to also explore a little bit about the Peruvian culture.
This hike/climb expedition has a high difficulty, so participants must have prior experience and an excellent physical condition.
For more information, find below a brief description about this 4-day program:
– DAY 1: Meeting at Huaraz city. From there, we’ll drive to Cochapampa. Then, we’ll start a beautiful trek through a Quenuales forest to our Base Camp. Trekking duration: 4 hours.
– DAY 2: From Base Camp, we’ll take a trail to reach to the High Camp (5100m) where we’ll spend the night.
– DAY 3: We’ll begin our hike at 1 am. After following the glacier, we’ll reach a 400 meters wall with 55°-70° inclination. One on the top, we’ll appreciate stunning views. Lastly, we descend to Base Camp.
– DAY 4: Finally, we’ll do an easy walk to Cochapampa where a vehicle will be waiting to get back us to Huaraz.
You can’t miss this opportunity! Feel free to contact me if you have any interest in discover Nevado Tocllaraju! I’ll be pleased to be your guide!
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Transport during the trip
- Group equipment
- Permit and entrance fees