Ski touring course for beginners in the National Park of Gesäuse. Benefit from the experience and the expertise of a professional mountain guide to get the basics including the safety aspects
Ski touring has evolved in recent years to become a very popular winter sport. Main reasons are that people look for:
– beautiful winter landscapes far from the crowd
– untouched slopes and awesome powder snow
– experience something different.
I’m coming from this region so I know it very well. I’m guiding my friends and clients for all kind of activities, in winter and summer, beginners and experienced.
This 3-day course intends to give you the necessary basics to enjoy ski touring in a safe way. The National Park of Gesäuse is a perfect set up to learn since we have all kind of terrains here.
The surrounding are awesome !
We will learn about:
– the equipment
– the technics to go up using skins
– the technics to go down in powder snow
– the safety rules and equipment (including airbag, the tracking system…)
Our base camp for the 3 days will be Admont which is an ideal place as it is located in the middle of different ski touring domains. Every morning we go where the conditions are the best.
If you are interested by this course or any other guiding tour in the Gesäuse National Park or in any other beautiful places of Austria, please get in touch with me. We will discuss about your wishes and define a program that answer them based on your level and the weather / snow conditions.
Not included in the price
– Travel expenses
– Accommodation + breakfast (- / DZ € 34, – single room € 46)
– Ski equipment (€ 25, – / day)
Included in the price
– IFMGA guide for 3 days
– Equipment rental (beacon, shovel, probe – sold separately)
– Hotel reservations,
– All the costs of the mountain guide
Price per person
€ 220, –
Number of participants
4-6 / per guide
Admont / Gesäuse / Styria
Spots of interest
Ski touring in Austria
Lodging in Admont
Price per person
|Group of 4||220EUR|
|Group of 5||220EUR|
|Group of 6||220EUR|