The aim of the days we are going to spend together canyoning in Corsica is to discover the rivers walking (equipped with wetsuits) and to overcome the different obstacles staying always close to the water.
The most interesting gorges offer a magic natural environment and a large diversity of elements: natural slides, jumps, abseiling… It’s a very fun and sportive activity which should provide nice feelings for the ones who enjoy strong sensations.
The canyons we will go through during this trip are very diversified. We will discover the different types of rivers we can find on the island. They are graved in the granite which makes their shape original. The water there is very clear and transparent.
This itinerant canyoning trip is an alternative to the 3-day Bavella trip I propose and which is also promoted on another page of Explore-share.com (check it under my profile page).
Here is the 6-day program I propose:
Day 1 – Le Verghellu
We will meet in Ajaccio in the early morning and go to the village of Vivario. We will discuss about the equipment and go down the Verghellu Gorges. The Verghellu is one of the most complete and playful canyons in Corsica.
We will spend the evening and night in Corte.
Day 2 – Le Tavignanu
Le Tavignanu is located in the Cortenais massive. It’s a very aquatic river descent. We will have long swim and many jumps. The nature lovers will enjoy this place very much.
We will spend the evening and night in Corte.
Day 3 –Aquatic hike in Chisa
We will cross the island from the inside in order to go the oriental coast and reach Chisà. We will go down the Travo river in an awesome natural site. The descent is not technical but the area is beautiful.
We will spend the evening and night at Martine, the hostel of the village.
Day 4 – Via Ferrata of Chisa
The beginning of the Via ferrata starts 10 meters from the hostel were we will spend the night. It’s quite spectacular and technical, with monkey bridges, footbridges… You should have great sensation on day 4.
Evening and night in the hostel of Chisa.
Day 5 – Canyon of Pulischellu
The canyon of Pulsichellu is a very aquatic descent in the middle of the famous area of the granite needles of Bavella. It’s a paradise for the ones who like to jump in the water.
Evening and night in the hostel of Bavella.
Day 6 – Waterfall of Pisci di Gallu
Abseiling of the Pisci di Gallu waterfalls, a 50-meter waterfall, before going back to Ajaccio.
If you like this program, please feel free to contact me to discuss about it. It will be my pleasure to let you discover some of the best canyons of Corsica and let you live an unforgettable time on the island where I live.
Not included in the price
– Personal expenses and drinks
– The cancellation and repatriation insurances
– What is not included and listed above
Included in the price
– Lifts as from the meeting point and the inland transportations
– Full board including snacks during the day
– The guiding fee
– The equipment (as described above)
– The insurance
720€ per person
Matériel non fourni
– Chaussures : certains fabricants de matériel sportif proposent des modèles de chaussures spécialement conçues pour le canyoning, ces chaussures possèdent des semelles très adhérentes idéales pour la pratique (quelques marques de fabricants : Five Ten et Salomon). A défaut, chaussures de randonnées légères ou baskets.
– Couteau inox
– Gourde d’un litre au moins (avec étui de protection si possible)
– Sacs poubelles solides pour le matériel humide
– Maillot de bain type ‘’piscine’’ pouvant glisser sous la combinaison (pas de short)
appareil photo aquatique
– Combinaison néoprène deux pièces 5,5 mm d’épaisseur
– Baudrier canyon + longe double dynamique
– Sac à dos canyon
– Bidon étanche
– Chausson en néoprène fin sans semelle (2 mm) pouvant entrer dans les chaussures sans gêner la marche
– Breakfast: We pay particular attention to our lunch packs, elaborated with quality local products (mixed salad, cold cuts, cheese from goat or sheep ). Corsican cakes and dried fruit)
– Diners and breakfasts are taken together in the places where we sleep.
The cottages are very basic comfort accommodations, they are accessible by road. You will sleep in rooms with 4 to 8 beds or dormitories, sanitary and showers are common for all hikers.
Accessible for all as from 16 years old.
A good physical condition is essential to fully enjoy your stay ; able to swim is mandatory.
from 6 to 8 people
The inland transportation
We will use a car or van for the inland transportation.
Here are the most important ones:
Day 1 : Ajaccio – Bocognano (40min) – in the late afternoon : Bocognano – Soccia (2.00)
Day 3 : Piana – Olmetto (2.30)
Day 4 : Propriano – Bavella (1.30mn)
Day 6 : Bavella – Ajaccio (2.30mn)
On Day 1 at 8am at the train station (SNCF) of Ajaccio