The Altar is an Ecuadorian volcano with several rock and ice peaks. They form a mountain circle around an old caldera cone. Its right and left edges are part of the Collanes valley which is one of the most beautiful places of the Andes.
During this 3-day Altar trek, you will enter into that valley, crossing rivers and admiring a really beautiful landscape on the way. Then, we’ll continue hiking up and find the famous Yellow Lagoon, which lies inside the crater of the volcano. And if we keep walking along the shore of the lake you will see the most stunning snow-capped peaks of the Ecuadorian Andes, with glaciers hanging from the bowels of the mountains.
By the end of this trek we will return to the base camp where we will spend the night surrounded by this amazing and unforgettable scenery.
Please keep in mind it is a 3-day adventure. However, I can extend the program and offer you a tour of 5,6 o 7 days. Just ask me to organize your adventure according to your wishes. I can also offer you this hiking trip in the Sangay National Park, which will take 8 days.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Suitcase or small backpack to give it to the mules that will carry the luggage (put everything in plastic cover to protect it from the water);
- Thermal underwear;
- 1 pair of comfortable shoes for camp nights;
- Deep dish, cup and spoon;
- Grooming kit: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and towel;
- Plastic bags;
- Comfortable backpack to carry hand luggage;
- Comfortable and thermal clothing for the walk;
- Rubber boots;
- Waterproof jacket;
- Hat and thermal gloves;
- Cap, sunscreen and sunglasses;
- Flashlight with extra batteries;
- Bottle of water (recommended 1 ½ lt);
- Photo camera;
- Trekking poles (optional).
I will be here waiting for your message so we can discuss and plan your next adventure through the Altar Trek. It will be a really nice experience!!!
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
- Permit and entrance fees
- Personal expenses