The West Fjords is a beautiful and large peninsula located in northwestern Iceland. It is connected to the rest of Iceland by a 7-kilometer isthmus between Gilsfjörður and Bitrufjörður.
The mountainous morphology of the West Fjords invite mountaineers to attractive options for climbing. And today I have an amazing proposal for you. It is about an isolated and lonely ice climbing trip for 1 or several days in the West Fjords mountains.
I have no doubt it will be an unforgettable experience and here you have my top reasons:
- Best area in Iceland to go Ice climbing
- Many waterfalls
- Very easy access (from 30 minutes to 2 hours walk)
- Ice doesn’t get ‘sun’ affected, cold temperatures
- Beautiful places to go ice climbing close to the sea
- Variable difficulty ice falls (from 3 till 6)
- 2-3 rope lengths (2-3* 60 meters)
- Remarks = If I’m not available, I can always provide another local guide
The perfect months to go ice climbing in West Fjords are from January to middle March. You can contact me right now and ask for the next scheduled departures. Our starting point will be in Ísafjörður, the largest town of the peninsula.
Due to the fjords are surrounded by steep hills and snowed ridges, the level of difficulty is between sustained and hard. Of course, I can plan a custom trip according to your experience, knowledge and climbing skills.
The price is ISK 50.000 per day. It includes the lunch during the day and transportation. For any question or more information about extra days and booking please contact me as soon as you can. It will be an ice climbing experience you won’t forget!
Price per person
|Group of 2||50000ISK|
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport during the trip