This rock climbing course in Rio de Janeiro is perfect if you are traveling to Rio, either for work or holiday.
The course consists of 8 classes, during which you will learn theory and practice. On average each class lasts 2-3 hours. But depending on your schedule, we can either split or merge them.
Beautiful Rio has great climbing locations. Classes will be at some of them: Morro da Urca, Babilônia and also Cantagalo.
The goal is to teach you the basic climbing techniques so that you can climb on routes with fixed protection safely and independently. We will also cover climbing history, ethics, leading techniques, rappelling and safety procedures.
During the course you will learn:
– Introduction to rock climbing equipment
– Introduction to climbing knots
– Rock climbing concepts
I propose the following 8 lessons, that can be split or merged.
Lesson 1: Grade 3 50 metre climb (2 hs)
– How to use equipment, taking care of climbing material, strength
– Knots (figure of eight, threaded figure of eight, overhand knot)
– Belaying a leader
– Climbing techniques (use of climbing holds, positioning, feet placement)
Lesson 2: Grade 3-IV 60 metre climb (2 hs)
– Climbing techniques (1s part)
– Knots (Fisherman, Prussik, Machard)
– Rappel techniques
Lesson 3: Grade 3-IV 20 metre climb (2 hs)
– Knots (tape knot, Italian hitch, clove hitch)
– Abseiling without devices (Italian hitch and Yosemite techniques)
– Climbing technique (grip)
– Ascending fixed rope
Lesson 4: Grade 3 100 metre climb (3 hs)
– Knots review
– Rock protections (use and resistance)
– Climbing technique (chimney)
Lesson 5: Grade 3-lV 120 metre climb (3 hs)
– Knots review
– Mountain hazards
– Climbing technique (cracks)
Lesson 6: Grade 4 120 metre climb (3 hs)
– Belay stations (basic assembly)
– Belaying a second climber
Lesson 7: Grade lV 180 metre climb (3 hs)
– General review
– Climb planning
Lesson 8: Graduation (4-5 hs)
Let’s choose one of Rio’s big classic routes depending on your skills and climb it!
Are you interested in following this rock climbing course in Rio de Janeiro? Then please get in touch with me so we can define the specifics!
Price per person
|Group of 2||400USD|
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
The course can last between 4 and 7 days depending on how we decide to organize the classes.