Vars and Risoul have a huge potential for skiers who like going off piste skiing and freetouring. Both resorts are located in Les Hautes Alpes. They are linked to each other and form the 2nd largest ski domain in the south east of France.
It is the ideal place for the ones starting freeride ski. The off piste skiing slopes are not difficult. If you are a good off piste skiers, we can go for some of the very nice couloirs such as La Barre de l’Eyssina or La Face de Chabrières.
In terms of ski touring there are a lof of possibilities, for beginners as well as more advanced skiers. If you know the area, you may have heard about the following itineraries : Pic Sans Nom, Lac & Col du Crachet, Tour de la Pointe de l’Eyssina, La Cabane de Valbelle or Combe Suspendue du Clocher. With only 200 to 500 meters of skinning from the top of the ski lifts, we access wild and isolated places.
I can guide you here for one or several days. The program and the itinerary will be defined based on the snow / weather conditions, the number of skiers coming with me (from 3 to 6 max) and your wishes.
I particularly like guiding my friends and clients in Vars and Risoul because…
- the ratio skiing down versus skinning is high thanks to the excellent set up of the lifts;
- you can very easily access wild valleys from the top of the ski lifts;
- it’s a big resort (around 185km of pistes) with different types of terrains : forests, couloirs, valleys… ;
- the landscapes are breathtaking especially on the Ecrins range and la Vallée de la Durance;
- there is usually a good amount of snow and sun.
If you plan to come here next winter, for a weekend or during your annual family ski week, please get in touch with me. I’ll be glad to bring you in off the beaten tracks ski slopes and let you enjoy a great time !
Price per person
|Group of 2||175EUR|
|Group of 3||117EUR|
|Group of 4||88EUR|
|Group of 5||80EUR|
|Group of 6||67EUR|
- Guiding fee