People per Guide
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Type of Trip
If you are looking for climbing courses in the UK, I have the best programs for you. I can take you to any of the best British climbing routes, like to the Scottish Highlands, the Isle of Skye, the Lake District or Snowdonia. So join me and enjoy the best climbing courses in the UK, for all levels!
I offer private courses in all aspects of summer mountaineering, climbing and hill walking. I’m also available for scrambling, navigation courses, guided rock climbing and National Governing Body qualification courses.
The courses and programs I offer are for anyone interested in scrambling, hill walking or rock climbing.
This is a list of routes and spots where I usually take my clients:
- The traverse of the Cuillin Ridge
- Easy rock climbs and classic scrambles such as North Buttress and Curved Ridge on Buachaillie Etive Mor, Afterthought Arete in the Cairngorms and Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis.
- The traverse of An Teallach, Liathach and the Aonach Eagach
- Classic scrambles such as Crib Goch, the Clogwyn Y Person Arete and Cneifon Arete in Snowdonia.
- Classic rock climbs such as Troutdale Pinnacle (S), Glass Slipper (HVS and Little Chamonix (VD) in the Lake District
- Technical rock routes like Cemetery Gates (E1), Scratch Arete (HVS) and Gogarth (E1) in North Wales.
So contact me if you are looking for the best guided climbing in the UK! We can plan a tour for one or several days. It will be my pleasure to be your guide. You can also check the 3-day hiking and climbing tour in the Cuilin in Scotland!
Price per person per day
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
About the Guide
IFMGA / UIAGM Mountain Guide
I have been climbing for 23 years and instructing for over 19 years. I'm a fully qualified IFGMA Mountain Guide, full MIC and Technical Advisor for a number of local councils and other organisations.
I'm based in Edinburgh which allows me quick access to the Highlands of Scotland and the Lake District. As well as climbing across the UK, I have climbed and skied extensively throughout Europe, Scandinavia and New Zealand.
My personal highlights so far include:
- When The Wind Blows (E6) Back Bowden, Northumberland
- White Magic (VII, 7) Northern Corries, Cairngorms
- South Pillar of La Barre des Ecrins (TD, 1000m) French Alps
Some of my favourite climbs are:
- Poker Face (E1) Pavey Ark, Lake District
- Point 5 Gully (V) Ben Nevis
- North Ridge of Pollux (AD) Swiss Alps
Please get in touch with me if you want to discover the mountains of Scotland or any other around the globe !
What People Say about Euan Whittaker