Join Jesús, local AEGM-UIMLA Mountain Leader, on an amazing 3-day adventure in the spanish Sierra Nevada, where you'll learn all the fundamental skills of ski touring.
Private and Group
* Learn the fundamentals of ski touring and mountain safety
* Explore the raw, untouched mountains of the Sierra Nevada National Park
* Enjoy the stunning landscape and snow far away from the tourists crowds
Join Jesús, local AEGM-UIMLA Mountain Leader, on an amazing 3-day adventure in the spanish Sierra Nevada, where you’ll learn all the fundamental techques of ski touring and mountain safety.
The Sierra Nevada is a stunning mountain range in the southern spanish region of Andalusia which, aside from being uniquely located near the Mediterranean Sea, is also home to the highest peaks in Western Europe outside of the Alps, many of these well above 3,000m in height.
Although a lot of people choose to ski at the Sierra Nevada Ski Resort, this National Park offers enormous amounts of pristine skiable terrain. And the best way to discover and explore the wilder side of this amazing range, with its wide valleys, pristine snow covered flanks and stunning peaks, is by ski touring! From December to May the Sierrra Nevada National Park can be traversed on skis, the very best period being early spring due to the milder weather conditions and the perfect consistency and uniformity of the snow.
On this introductory course we will discover how ski touring gives us the opportunity to fully experience the beauty of a mountain environment, enjoying the silence and pristine untouched snow well away from the crowds of tourists. We will also be learning key safety procedures such as basic high mountain safety and avalanche rescue techniques to ensure we are prepared and know what to do in the event of an emergency in the mountains.
Request to book this trip now and I’ll ensure every details of this course is taken care of, so you can have a memorable introduction to ski touring in the beautiful Sierra Nevada National Park and take all of this knowledge back with you for your future mountain adventures!
If you’re also interested in in mountaineering and climbing the Sierra Nevada National Park’s 3 highest peaks, you should definitely check out this other amazing trip I’m offering!
- Accommodation included
- Guiding fee
- Permit and entrance fees
- Personal insurance
- Clean drinkable water
- Mountain guide expenses
- Avalanche equipment
- Ski boots
- Ski poles
Price in case of not renting ski touring equipment: €175 pp
* Meeting at the Granada University Hostel. * Overview of the activities for the following days * Dinner and accommodation at the University Hostel (Granada)
* Mountain Skiing equipment recognition. * Itinerary: progression and ascent with climbing ski skins * Techniques of ascent and descent in snow. * Basic mountain safety techniques. * ARVA equipment and avalanche self-rescue techniques. * Accommodation and dinner at the hostel
* Summit ascent itinerary * Untouched snow descent * Descent techniques and safety * Return to hostel and end of activities.
AEGM-UIMLA Guide from Spain
I was born and always lived in the Alpujarra Region and Sierra Nevada. My passion for those mountains drove me towards mountain guiding, and I've been doing so since 1989.
I can guide you in summit ascents, ski touring and mountaineering, hiking around the villages in Alpujarra, or canyoning.
AEGM | UIMLA
This is a wonderful inspiring trip. Very well organised and flexible to our needs.
Sierra Nevada 1-day Intro to Ski Touring in Spain
2-day Ski Touring Course in Sierra Nevada, Spain
Sierra Nevada 1+ day alpine backcountry skiing course for all levels
2-day Sierra Nevada ski touring adventure and Mulhacén ascent
4-day ski tour in Sierra Nevada
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.