Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Private and Group
We will first drive from Nairobi to Nanyuki Town in time for lunch. From there, we will drive to the Sirimon Park Gate and begin our trek. We will go through forests, bamboo and giant heather zones until we reach the high altitude moorland and the Old Moses Mountain Hut/Campsite.
After an early breakfast, we will set off to Shipton’s camp (4200m). A challenging trek will take us through hills, valleys and moorlands where we will catch sight of stunning flora and fauna including giant groundsels, lobelias and mountain rock hyrax. This park is also home to tree climbing lions, flamingos, ground hornbill and crested eagle.
At 8am, we will start our ascent to the Hausberg Col at an altitude of 4600m. Then we will descend to the Hausberg valley and Oblong tarns before another steep ascent. We will cross two large boulders via Two Tarn before descending back to Shipton’s Camp.
We will set off early, at 3am and hike up a steep scree slope and glacier to point Lenana (4985m) to catch site of the sunrise. Then, we will descend to Mackinders camp for breakfast and continue down to Old Moses where we will relax in the afternoon and stay overnight.
We will enjoy an early breakfast before starting our descent through a rainforest. A vehicle will be waiting for you at the end of the trail to transfer you back to Nairobi.
EQUIPMENT AND GEAR CHECKLIST
1. Balaclava- bochori
2. Baseball cap
6. Thermal top
8. Fleece jacket
10. Wind jacket
12. Gloves (both woolen and waterproof)
13. Shorts (optional)
14. Trousers (quick dry and light)
15. Thermal bottoms
16. Rain trousers
17. Thin socks
18. Thick socks (synthetic or wool- 4 to 5 pairs)
19. Hiking boots (waterproof, strong, light- big enough to allow
Multiple layers of socks)
20. Sandals or slippers (after the hike and for allowing your feet to relax)
21. Sleeping bag
22. Water bottle (2 liters preferably)
23. Porter’s bag (having all your gear and carried for you by the porter)
24. Day pack (the climber’s bag having all requirements the climber needs)
25. Torch (head torch better but not a must with spare batteries- LED
Torches are better than bulb torches)
26. Toiletries (include wet wipes since bathing is difficult due to
28. Hiking pole/ walking stick
29. Energy sweets and snacks
We offer our clients the most memorable adventures in Tanzania. We take our clients on the most amazing tours on our beautiful country, which we know inside out, like Mount Kilimanjaro, Beach Trips, Wildlife Safaris or Cultural Trips.
We have a team of excellent, professionally certified mountain guides. They have all climbed Mount Kilimanjaro more than a hundred times, through different routes. They also have a deep knowledge of the country’s national parks and about the animal kingdom. Each of our guides is a specialist in a specific area, like ecology and animal behavior.
We look forward to taking you on an unforgettable adventure!
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!