Come and join me for this fantastic tour around one of the most iconic 4.000 meters peaks of the Alps! I will guide you through a 5 days ski-touring program across the Gran Paradiso National Park.
The Gran Paradiso region is a unique place in the Alps because of its well-known National Park where animals and flowers are protected leaving a sense of peace and harmony between man and nature which is difficult to find elsewhere.
I like proposing this program to my clients for different reasons:
– First of all this program is perfect for combining exceptional views together with superb skiing
– It is also a “ring” where we will go from the Valle d’Aosta region to the Piemonte region enjoying different cultures and, above all, different tastes in every hut we will slip in.
– It is a quite long tour (5 days) but every day in never too hard and we will have the possibility to enjoy the sense of “travelling with skies” which is at the base of modern backcountry skiing.
I propose a 5 days tour but if you have less days at your disposal, we can cut the program down to 3 days.
1st Day – From Cogne (Valnontey) to Vittorio Sella hut
Meeting in Cogne (AO) around 11 am and after checking all the material we will start our tour with the approach to the first hut: Vittorio Sella, 2584 m. This first day we will gain 1030 meters, at the beginning across nice woods and then beautiful open slopes.
2nd Day – From Vittorio Sella hut to Chabod hut
We will leave the hut early to summit Gran Serra, 3552m , where the last part is an easy ridge where we will use rope and crampons. After that, we will drop into the Gran Neyron glacier and after skinning down a short part of this glacier, we will have to switch uphill for the last time of the day in order to join the Col del Gran Neyron. From this col, where we will see the Sberna bivouac, we will finally ski down through enthusiastic slopes to the Chabod, (2750m) hut. This will be the longest day of our tour, around 7-8 hours.
3rd day – From Chabod hut to Vittorio Emanuele II hut
From the Chabod hut we will join the famous “schiena d’asino” of Gran Paradiso (3.700mt), where we will join the track coming from the Vittorio Emanuele II hut. From this point it will be possible either to summit Gran Paradiso (4.061 mt) or descending down directly to Vittorio Emanuele II hut (2.775mt) depending on the conditions we will find ad how you will feel like. In both cases it will be a grat day with fantastic views over the glaciers.
4th day – From Vittorio Emanuele II hut to Pontese hut
From Vittorio Emanuele II hut, we will climb up the Colle Gran Paradiso (3345mt) through Montcorvè glacier. From this point, we will ski down the Vallone di Noaschetta until the Ivrea bivouac. From the Ivrea bivouac, we will climb up the last slope of the day joining the Colle dei Becchi (2990mt). At this point, we will enjoying skiing down long and beautiful slopes, which will lead us to the Pontese hut (2217mt)
5th day – From Pontese hut to Cogne (Valleille)
The last day form Pontese hut we will climb up to the Colle del Teleccio (3304mt), and from here we will ski down the whole Valleille glacier and Valleille valley joining the village of Lillaz – Cogne (1615 mt)
Please get in touch with me if you want to discuss about this great adventure !
Next Departure Assured
Next departure for this trip will be at the beginning of April, for Eastern Holidays (3-7 April). For these dates it is possible to join the group individually.
Best period of the year
Beginning April – end of May
Price do not include
– Half board in the huts (consider approximately 50 € per person per night + 25 € per night for the mountain guide to be divided between the members of the group)
– Transport costs from your point of arrival to our meeting point (if you are not arriving in one of the airports mentioned above).
– Mountain guide fee
– Rescue insurance
– Rent of the arva, harness, crampons or other material needed (excluded skies, climbing skins and boots)
– 300€/pers for a group of 6
– 360€/pers, for a group of 5
– 450€/pers. for a group of 4
Personal equipment required
Normal equipment for backcountry skiing (arva, probe, shovel), harness, crampons, piolet.
up to 6 people
Price per person
|Group of 4||450EUR|
|Group of 5||360EUR|
|Group of 6||300EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Personal equipment
- Personal Insurance