People per Guide
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Type of Trip
Join me on a wonderful adventure for the complete family, or to come alogn with friends! This program will take us on a 5-day hiking tour to the beautiful area of Mont Blanc, across French, Italian and Swiss territory.
The Tour du Mont Blanc hike – also known as the TMB – is a great opportunity to spend time with your friends and family, and even your children, in a natural and magical environment.
During these days, I will teach you all about this area, its mountains, its fauna and flora, and its history. Also, we will stay overnight in refuges, far away from everything. In sum, it’s a truly rewarding and fun plan!
The average hiking time per day is around 7 hours. And the altitude change ranges from 1,000 m to 1,200 m.
One of the highlights of this program is the visit to The Blanc Lake. This lake is well-known for the incredible view of the Mont-Blanc it offers, especially through its reflection on the water surface.
Other highlights include:
- Hiking to Lac Blanc, one of the wonders of Chamonix valley
- Climbing to the Alpage de Bovine, and enjoying the view over the Rhône Valley
- Hiking across the Balme Pass, with an extraordinary view of Mt Blanc
[EXTRA] If you’d like to read about a group of women who joined me on the Tour du Mont Blanc recently, check out this blog post: “Tour du Mont Blanc: 9 girlfriends take on one of the world’s great hikes”.
You can choose the program that best suits you. I offer different options.
To begin this program, one option is to meet at Chamonix. We can then transfer to Courmayeur by bus to start hiking. Have a look at a detailed suggested itinerary below (the “Demi-tour du Mont-Blanc – Courmayeur – Chamonix”).
At the end of the program, we will cross the Flégère and descend back to Chamonix.
Another option is to start the hike in Chamonix with direction to the Houches and finalize in Courmayeur, where we can take the bus to return to Chamonix.
For those who have limited time in the valley, we can do the Mont-Blanc tour in parts by bus and walking through the most beautiful places.
Other itinerary options include:
- A hiking tour from 5 to 10 days, depending on the time you have available
- Private tour for just 1 person or grop, or joining an already established group
- Assistance with your luggage is also optional
If you are interested in this great Tour du Mont Blanc adventure, request your booking!
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
A cancellation fee will apply based on the date we receive written notice. The following conditions will apply: - More than 6 weeks (42 days) before the start date of the tour: loss of the deposit. - 4 to 6 weeks (28 to 42 days) before the start date of the tour: loss of 50% of the total booking amount. - Less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the start date of the tour: loss of 100% of the total booking amount. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a tour, Happy Tracks GmbH reserves the right to cancel any tour before the departure. Generally, a cancellation would be made more than 6 weeks (42 days) in advance of the departure date. All payments made to Happy Tracks GmbH will be refunded immediately. We will not be liable for the cost of any changes in travel arrangements or other expenses incurred by the participant as a result of the cancellation.
Chamonix - Courmayeur - Val Ferret
Distance:12 kilometersHeight gain / Height loss / Highest point:1100 meters / 267 meters / Junction Bertone (2039m)Expected walking time:5 hours 00 minutes
- Bus from Chamonix to Courmayeur, via the Mont Blanc tunnel
- Hike through the Val Ferret (Italy)
- Overnight in mountain hut in Val Ferret
Val Ferret (Italy) - Val Ferret (Switzerland) - Champex
Distance:19.8 kilometersHeight gain / Height loss / Highest point:870 meters / 1291 meters / Grand Col Ferret (2537m)Expected walking time:7 hours 00 minutes
- Trek from the Val Ferret in Italy to the Val Ferret in Switzerland
- Climb to the Grand Ferret pass (on the Italian-Swiss border)
- Descent to La Fouly
- Bus to Champex
- Overnight at the Gite Bon Abri
Champex - Alpage de Bovine - Trient
Distance:16.4 kilometersHeight gain / Height loss / Highest point:810 meters / 1007 meters / Porte a l’Ô (2049m)Expected walking time:5 hours 45 minutes
- Departure from Champex
- Climb to the Alpage de Bovine – View over the Rhône Valley
- Descent to the Forclaz Pass
- Hike to Trient – Overnight
Trient - Balme Pass - Gite la Boërne
Distance:15.1 kilometersHeight gain / Height loss / Highest point:875 meters / 1192 meters / Col de Balme (2204m)Expected walking time:6 hours 00 minutes
- Climb to the Balme pass
- Climb to the Aiguillette des Posettes
- Cross the edge and descend to Tré le Champ
- Overnight at Gite la Boërne
Lac Blanc - Chamonix
Distance:16.1 kilometersHeight gain / Height loss / Highest point:1141 meters / 1357 meters / Lac Blanc (2352m)Expected walking time:8 hours 00 minutes
- Climb to the Lac Blanc
- Break at the small refuge near the lake
- Cross the Flégère
- Descent to Chamonix
- End of program
|06/06/2019 to 10/06/2019||
|07/06/2019 to 11/06/2019|
|11/06/2019 to 15/06/2019|
|14/06/2019 to 19/06/2019|
|20/06/2019 to 24/06/2019|
|25/06/2019 to 29/06/2019||
|02/07/2019 to 06/07/2019|
|04/07/2019 to 08/07/2019|
|18/07/2019 to 22/07/2019|
|23/07/2019 to 27/07/2019||
|25/07/2019 to 29/07/2019|
|26/07/2019 to 30/07/2019|
|30/07/2019 to 03/08/2019|
|01/08/2019 to 05/08/2019|
|08/08/2019 to 12/08/2019|
|15/08/2019 to 19/08/2019|
|16/08/2019 to 20/08/2019|
|22/08/2019 to 26/08/2019|
|30/08/2019 to 03/09/2019|
|05/09/2019 to 09/09/2019|
|12/09/2019 to 16/09/2019|
|13/09/2019 to 17/09/2019|
|20/09/2019 to 24/09/2019|
|26/09/2019 to 30/09/2019|
In cottages, huts and refuges - in dormitories or rooms (depending on availability)
Luggage transfer is not available so everything must be carried during the trek. Extra luggage can be stored in our office.
Necessary equipment list:
- Warm hat or head band;
- Light gloves (hiking gloves);
- Neck gaiter or a scarf;
- Sun glasses and a cap or hat;
- One pair of synthetic underwear (top & bottom);
- 2 functional shirts for the hike (we recommend merino or synthetic);
- 1 comfortable shirt for the huts;
- One or 2 layers of socks (merino wool or synthetic);
- One fleece or merino pullover / sweater;
- Optional: One insulation layer to keep you warm (we recommend you a Primaloft or light down jacket);
- Rain / windproof (Gore-Tex) jacket with hood;
- Rain / windproof (Gore-Tex) pant / rain-pants;
- Optional: Long pair of underwear (thermal, depending on the season);
- One pair of hiking pants: we recommend zip off trousers so you can save weight for additional shorts for hot days;
- Some comfortable trousers for the evenings
- 35 to 40 Liter backpack (you should be able to carry your gear comfortably, we recommend a backpack with a good waist belt);
- Rain cover or dry bag to keep the most necessary things dry in the backpack;
- Strong and waterproof leather hiking boots with a high ankle;
- Light weight shoes (e.g. sneakers, sandals) for the huts / evenings;
- Minimum 2-liter bottle or camelbag to fill up with water or tea;
- Plastic bag or dry bag to keep your spare clothes dry;
- Sun cream at least SPF 20 (we also recommend lip balm);
- Hut sleeping bag liner (made of silk or cotton);
- Swimsuit / bikini / swimming trunks;
- Tooth brush, paste;
- Washing soap;
- Small quick-drying towel;
Optional equipment list:
- Camera, mobile phone, EU compatible plug incl. chargers;
- Head lamp;
- Ear plugs for the night;
- Walking poles;
- Personal medicine if required (please inform your guide in case of emergency)
About the Guide
We are a team of 2 certified mountain leaders and canyoning guides, Anja and Raphy. We specialize in multi-day and long distance trekking in some of the best spots in the Alps.
From the amazing Tour du Mont Blanc to the challenging but very rewarding Haute Route, we strive to take our guests on unique adventures in nature. We also offer canyoning adventures in Switzerland, France and Italy.
Come join our tours. We will make you HAPPY!
What People Say about this Trip