Join me in an incredible week of pure training! I will teach you all the necessary backcountry skiing skills in the Schladming area.
If you want to enjoy a real ski adventure in the best powder runs of the world, you will first need to know the basic techniques. I think that there is no better place to acquire them than in a real environment. That is why I propose you this one-week ski course in the Schladming’s pistes.
During this week I’ll do my best to share with you all my knowledge and expertise. The aim of this course is for you to learn all the theoretical content of skiing and then put it into practice on real slopes.
The main content that we will review and learn is the following:
- Proper use of the backcountry skiing equipment;
- Off-piste skiing techniques;
- Summit ascent to Gasselhöhe;
- Use of the avalanche transceiver;
- What to do in case of avalanche.
We will use the video as a support to learn better. During the course, you’ll have the opportunity of skiing down Planai, Hochwurzen and Reiteralm. They are the most amazing ski runs of the Schladming area.
The highlights of this weekly training will be in the north side of Gasselhöhe and Krahbergzinken. They’ll provide us with amazing ski descents where you can practice all you have learned. The Edelgries is another great spot to ski down on good snow days.
Regarding the accommodation, we will rest, have dinner and sleep at Fam Rettensteiner, in our 2 apartments or in another lodge in the area.
This course can be run for a maximum of 8 people. I’m running this program once a year during specific dates. I can also organize it for private groups. All you have to do is filling out the form and be in touch with me.
It’ll be my pleasure to you help you improve your current skills or teach you new ones. I have no doubt that the Schladming ski area is the perfect spot for this training trip! All you have to do is filling out the form and be in touch with me.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
At Fam Rettensteiner, in our 2 apartments or in other lodges in the area.
- Equipment Needed: skis with skins (can be hired locally) • touring boots • LVS equipment (can be provided if required) • backpack (25 / 35 liters) • ski touring pants • jacket • warm fleece jacket • gloves • Cap • sunglasses / snow glasses • sun screen • drinking bottle • proper underwear.
- Costs for possible one or two ski lifts can also be added.