As a certified instructor and mountain guide, it’s a honor for me to offer this ski and avalanche course in Dachstein. As you may know it’s the highest peak of the Salzkammergut Alps and Upper Austria!
This skiing and avalanche course in Dachstein is not only intended for beginners in ski touring. It can also work as a refresher and a preparation for experienced skiers in search of more autonomy.
Here below you can find the theoretical and practical contents I’ll teach you during this 3-day training:
- Tour planning;
- Weather forecasting;
- Interpretation of an avalanche report;
- Slopes assessment through snow poles and shovel tests;
- How to create an avalanche report;
- Use of the avalanche transceiver;
- How to set up an emergency bivouac.
The main goal of this avalanche course in Dachstein is to get an understanding of all the indications that we should be able to detect while we ski in backcountry terrains. So we then will have the proper resources to know what decision to make in each case.
Regarding the accommodation, we will rest, have dinner and sleep at Fam Rettensteiner, in our 2 apartments or in a holiday village in the center. We can discuss it once you get in touch with me.
This course can be run for a maximum of 8 people. I’m running this program once a year during specific dates. I can also organize it for private groups. All you have to do is filling out the form and be in touch with me.
It’ll be my pleasure to you help you learning the safety techniques and improve your ski touring skills. I have no doubt that Dachstein is the perfect spot to this kind of trainings!
Price per person
|Group of 4||295EUR|
|Group of 5||295EUR|
|Group of 6||295EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Group equipment
At Fam Rettensteiner, in our 2 apartments or in a holiday village in the center.
- Equipment Needed: skis with skins (can be hired locally) • touring boots • LVS equipment (can be provided if required) • backpack (25 / 35 liters) • ski touring pants • jacket • warm fleece jacket • gloves • Cap • sunglasses / snow glasses • sun screen • drinking bottle • proper underwear.
- Costs for possibly one or two ski lifts can also be added.