Winter sports fanatics, sign up for this complete ice climbing and glacier transit course in the Argentinean region of Patagonia!
We will spend 5 days together. During this time you will learn, put into practice your knowledge and have the best of times!
The aim of the course is to form and build a solid base in terms of technical and safety knowledge.
A second goal is for you to acquire the technical and individual gestures to transit areas of glaciers.
Also, for you to get hold of the technical instruments to carry out a possible rescue.
And last but not least, to get started in the world of ice climbing!
Some of the contents the 5-day course in Patagonia will include are:
- Basic concepts and use of technical jargon.
- Safety and materials used on ice.
- Review of efforts, existing solicitations over the safety chain.
- Energy dissipation.
- Technique to provide safety.
- Classic technique for use of crampons.
- Ice axe traction, progression gestures.
- Site for protection.
- Gathering on ice and snow.
- Basic rescue on glacier ablation and accumulation.
- Transit on accumulation glaciers.
- Tips and precautions to have when climbing.
You will spend the 5 days of the course on the terrain. In this way, you will be able to immediately put into practice what you learn.
The theoretical classes will be only two, scattered during the first two days of the training.
Do not miss this great opportunity to start practising the winter sports you always wanted. Especially, since the course takes place in one of the world’s most beautiful landscape: the Patagonia region.
We guarantee you will get to see astonishing mountain landscapes. And, more importantly, gain confidence when having to climb ice by yourself next time.
Join us in this fascinating and complete ice climbing and glacier transit course. We’ll be waiting for your contact. It will be a great pleasure to be your guides and trainers throughout these 5 days in the insides of the breathtaking Patagonia Landscape.
Price per person
|Group of 2||1100USD|
- Guiding fee