Once the winter blanket of snow has gone the High Atlas which includes Mt Toubkal and Mgoun, becomes one of the premier summer trekking destinations outside of the European Alps. If you are looking to experience a non-western culture and cuisine, a beautiful arid landscape with the green oases that fill in the valleys then the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco are yours for the trekking!
I offer a variety of trekking options around the Toubkal and Mgoun regions. My treks include:
- A good mix of Moroccan and more western cuisine from our local cooks.
- Clean and comfortable accommodation in the mountains (gites and refuges).
- Mule support to carry the heavier bags for the journey.
- A fully qualified guide (International Mountain Leader or Summer Mountain Leader).
- Transport to and from Marrakech
What about the programme? Well that depends on you! There are spectacular treks in the valleys surrounding Toubkal, so my general itinerary there would include three days trekking in at least two of the beautiful valley systems.
If summiting Toubkal was part of the trip then I recommend a minimum three days to allow a good amount of time to acclimatise and enjoy the mountains.
I’m also happy to offer summer ascents of Mgoun (4068m).
Here is a sample trekking itinerary for the ascent of Mount Toubkal :
Travel from Marrakech to Imlil (1,740m) via taxi or mini bus. Trek into Tacheddirt valley. 4 to 7 hours depending upon chosen stop.
Trek over the mountain pass of Tizi n’Tamatert (2279m) into the Mizane valley and up to Toubkal refuge (3,200m). 7 to 8 hours depending on leaving point.
Ascent of Toubkal (4,167m), from refuge 6 to 7 hours.
Trek to the Bou Idaren valley and Tamsoult refuge via the Tadat Col or Aguelzim pass.
Trek out over Tizi Mzzik (2,450m) finishing off with lunch in Imlil.
Please note that I’m ﬂexible to your guiding needs. If you want to plan your own itinerary with me, do get in touch.
You’ll find below the tarifs per person, based on the number of days and size of the group.
- 3 day guided : £385 (2p.) – £310 (3 to 4 p.) – £220 (5to 6 p.) – £185 (7 to 8 p.)
- 4 day guided : £495 (2p.) – £390 (3 to 4 p.) – £290 (5to 6 p.) – £240 (7 to 8 p.)
- 5 day guided £600 (2p.) – £470 (3 to 4 p.) – £350 (5to 6 p.) – £290 (7 to 8 p.)
- 6 day guided £735 (2p.) – £550 (3 to 4 p.) – £415 (5to 6 p.) – £350 (7 to 8 p.)
Please note that prices include: guiding, transport, accommodation, mule and porter support, food (excluding snacks and bottled water). Flights, personal kit and pre- and post-trip expenses are not included.
Price per person
|Group of 2||385GBP|
|Group of 3||310GBP|
|Group of 4||310GBP|
|Group of 5||220GBP|
|Group of 6||220GBP|
|Group of 7||185GBP|
|Group of 8||185GBP|
|Prices: - 3 day guided: £385 (2p.) - £310 (3 to 4 p.) - £220 (5to 6 p.) - £185 (7 to 8 p.) -4 day guided: £495 (2p.) - £390 (3 to 4 p.) - £290 (5to 6 p.) - £240 (7 to 8 p.) - 5 day guided: £600 (2p.) - £470 (3 to 4 p.) - £350 (5to 6 p.) - £290 (7 to 8 p.) - 6 day guided: £735 (2p.) - £550 (3 to 4 p.) - £415 (5to 6 p.) - £350 (7 to 8 p.)|