Jan, Feb, Mar
Private and Group
- Booking confirmation needs to be done at least 3 days prior to the departure date.
- A minimum of 2 people is required to run the tour. For January and February we typically run tours everyday.
- If the minimum of 2 people is not reached, then I will contact client at least 2 days before and will communicate if the tour is cancelled or if there is a possibility of changing the itinerary / group. If it is cancelled, then you receive a full refund. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- If conditions aren’t good for the pre-booked itinerary, then I may cancel this itinerary but offer the option to join other itineraries. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- Please note that the prices do not include VAT
- Necessary backcountry gear: beacon, probe, shovel, backpack, snowshoes, backcountry ski poles. If you don't have this gear I can rent it for JPY 2500 the set.
- You can also rent a set of skis and skins (we don't have the extra fat ones) for JPY 5000.
I am Tomoki Takaku and I´m the founder and head guide at Powder Company Guides. I am a JMGA mountain and ski guide, based in the notorious deep power land of Niseko in Hokkaido, Japan. I am also a professional snowboarder sponsored by The North Face and have been traveling all over the world as an extreme freeride snowboarder. I´ve ridden a lot of big mountains across the globe, including in Mongolia, Siberia and Alaska. I've starred in a few films (like Icon) and TV shows. My expertise also is in new product development for The North Face, and also made my own signature snowboard with GENTEMSTICK under “GT” and “Big Floater”.
In the winter, I am based at the foot of Annupuri ski resort in Niseko. I´m one of the most experienced loca guides: I´ve been guiding here since 1999. I also enjoy teaching the basics of how to ride powder and to communicate the dangers in the backcountry.
In the summer, I enjoy guiding Stand Up Paddle “SUP” in the rivers and oceans near Niseko.
I have 50hrs of Wilderness First Aid qualification as well as CAA qualified.
In case I am unavailable to guide, my colleagues with Niseko Winter Guide qualification and a member of Japanese Red Cross Society Emergency Personnel in my guide company will be able to guide you.
If I´m not available to guide you personally, one of the certified guides in my team will take good care of you. We promise once you get a taste of the powder in Niseko, there is no going back!
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!