Join a certified mountain guide on a 2 day sidecountry skiing adventure in Niseko and Mount Yotei on the island of Hokkaido in Japan.
Niseko, located on the Japanese island of Hokkaido, is a fantastic place. And for anybody who has ever visited Niseko, one thing that truly stands out is the beautiful volcano, Mount Yotei (1,898m). And on this 2 day trip, you will have the chance to join a group and combine a day of sidecountry skiing at Niseko with a day of backcountry skiing down Mount Yotei.
When it comes to the sidecountry skiing in Niseko, there are several different areas where you can enjoy some exciting descents. Those areas include Niseko Hirafu, the Niseko village, Niseko Annupuri, Niseko Hanazono, Niseko Moiwa and Niseko Weiss. And because we will use the chosen area’s lifts, finding the right places to ski will not be a challenge.
When it comes to the backcountry skiing down Mount Yotei however, that is where you will encounter a challenge. The descent down the volcano presents some tough spots. However, the thrill along with the spectacular views, are very memorable.
Another great aspect of this 2 day trip is that you do not have to experience them consecutively. Instead, you can break them up however you please. So if you have other plans around Hokkaido, there is no problem. You can enjoy them, only to come back and enjoy the second half of this wonderful adventure whenever you please.
This 2 day trip is perfect for people who are looking for a unique skiing experience in Hokkaido. The slopes found around the resort areas of Niseko are very different from the wilder slopes of Mount Yotei. Thus giving you not only an exciting adventure, but a varied one as well. So if that sounds like the trip for you, please send me a request, and be a part of the group!
There are several hotels in the Niseko area.
The tour may be cancelled based on weather and snow conditions. The final decision of location will be decided on the day as well, for the same reasons.
- A minimum of 2 people is required to run the tour. For January and February we typically run tours everyday. - If the minimum of 2 people is not reached, then I will contact client at least 2 days before and will communicate if the tour is cancelled or if there is a possibility of changing the itinerary / group. If it is cancelled, then you receive a full refund. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be). - If conditions aren’t good for the pre-booked itinerary, then I may cancel this itinerary but offer the option to join other itineraries. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be). Participants should bring with them a probe, beacon, a proper backpack, ski poles and a shovel. If you do not have this equipment, it can be rented in Niseko.
The guide office in Niseko.
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Jun is a responsible and reliable guide. He is also knowledgeable on the local flora and fauna and managed to show us quite a few interesting alpine flowers, birds and animals. He is kind and helpful and converses well in English. I will not hesitate to recommend him to any anyone needing an English speaking guide in Japan.
Just back from Hakuba –Japan and I’m so pleased to confirm we got such a great experience with Iwao who has provided a service above all expectations. Indeed assisting a family confronted to a new environment requires a certain level of patience and attention and all the family appreciated his sense of responsibilities and seriousness which allowed us to really enjoy this region by experiencing touring, hicking and of course skiing in immaculate powder. Iwao was very discreet but always acted to ensure we could take the best of all Hakuba mountains could offer to us during these 5 days.This experience will for sure remain in all our minds for long and this will be mainly thanks to Iwao ! Best, Arnaud
We had a wonderfull ski touring trip with Iwao in Gunma. Iwao brought us in various beautifull landscapes to found very good spring snow. He is a very professional guide that can adapt to clients will and conditions! We had great time sharing our experiences about nature and mountains. The second day, we had a long tour with beautiful views on gunma\'s region and finissing along a river in an amazing forest. It was great fun to wait the last train in the midel of nowhere at sunset to come back to our village! Iwao has perfectly organised the trip bringing me to nice local onsen, restaurant and hôtel! Wonderfull trip to recommand!
Group of 1
|JPY 43815 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
If the tour is cancelled, you will receive a full refund. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- If conditions aren’t good for the pre-booked itinerary, then I may cancel this itinerary but offer the option to join other itineraries. Client has the option to cancel with full refund or agree to the change in itinerary and make the differential payment (or refund as the case may be).
- Please note that if I am not guiding and one of my colleagues are guiding then the Guide Fee could be reduced by JPY 1,000-2,000 per person per day
- Please note that for weekends and national holidays, Guide Fee increases by JPY 1,000 per person per day
- Please note that the prices do not include VAT