Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team on this exciting Porta Nera ski touring trip in Cervinia.
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr
Porta Nera, in Cervinia, is a fabulous ski descent in the heart of Monte Rosa massif. Let us show you the way to this amazing adventure!
Porta Nera (or Black Gate in english) can be reached from the Italian alpine resort of Cervinia, in the Aosta Valley. This unique backcountry descent can be compared with the mythical Vallèe Blanche, but it’s less crowded!
So this exciting program will start with an equipment check in Cervinia. Then we’ll take the cable car and make a long traverso on the Verra glacier using skins. We’ll have to climb a bit to get to our starting point, but once on top all the effort will make sense!
Our descent will start through the magnificent and pristine slopes of the Schwarzegletscher. Here we’ll cross through seracs and crevasses until we reach the edge, where we’ll move to Gorner Glacier. This section end with a famous narrow passage that goes in between rocks and a frozen stream. And at the end, when our legs start to feel the fatigue, a gentle slope will lead us back to Furi.
Sounds like an amazing plan? It is! send us a request now and we’ll start planning your visit to this amazing spot in northern Italy. You’ll spend an unforgettable day out in the mountains!
- Guiding fee
- Personal insurance
Recommended equipment: - Large ski advised with ski touring bindings and skins - Normal ski clothes - Backpack with ARVA, shovel and probe
We can help you in renting the equipment. Please inform me in advance.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Loved the day out, the guide (Nicholas) was knowledgeable and we felt very safe in his hands. It was our first time ski touring and overall it was a superb experience. We will certainly be doing more in the future! The communication was also excellent. Silvia was in contact with us through email and WhatsApp and it was very easy to ask questions.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.