We will start in Arties, where we can leave our car!
Super cozy huts and warm meals help us enjoy a satisfying journey.
- Equipment: For safety you need to have ski-mountaineering equipment, winter clothing, ice axe, crampons, helmet, 40l rucksack, ARVA device, shovel and probe.
- If necessary, I will give you a hand booking your hotel in Vielha or Barcelona, and in case you are planning to fly form Barcelona to the mountains by plane, I will also help you arrange that trip.
- Meals: Satisfying meals and exquisite Catalonian wine offered! The huts will make sure you are delighted, and in case you are vegetarian or allergic to any specific food there is no need to worry, the personal at the huts will adapt the meals for your safety and satisfaction.
- Free water: There’s plenty of water available for us in the huts. Furthermore, there is the possibility of buying water bottles if necessary.
- For your tranquility, there are no dangerous animals nearby the trails.
- Powder snow: Unlike other seasons, during March there is an 80% chance of getting good climate conditions, as well as fresh snow!
- In case you forgot something essential for your journey, we can always get those things at Vielha village before starting the expedition. We will stay in Vielha a night before the expedition begins and a night after it ends. An enjoyable village to get prepared and rest once the journey finishes!
Xavi (Terrassa, Catalonia, 1963). Actually I’m living in Prullans.
During several years I have been practicing my two big passions, mountaineering and photography as hobbies. Actually I’m a High Mountain Guide and photographer in outdoor BTT races, mountaineering marathons or climbing competitions.
In 1982 I did became a member of Servei General d'Informació de Muntanya, a specialized mountain library. And from 1998 I’m working as High Mountain Guide for NKBV (Alpine dutch team).
After working 6 winters as a lifeguard patrol in a Catalan ski resort, I spent a few seasons of the southern summer working as a High Mountain Guide for Azimut 360 and Chilemontaña, two agencies located in Chile, leading clients through the Patagonia and into America's highest peak, the Aconcagua.
Since 2005 I lead my own clients around the world as a freelancer Mountain Guide. From September 2007 I manage the Companhia de Guies de Montanha web, bound to Carros de Foc. I have take part in many expeditions to Andes in South America and Himalaya, Karakorum and Hindu Kush in Asia.
I’ll like to show you “my” mountains, “my” Pyrenees and of course, other mountains around the world. I’ll like to guide you till de top of Aconcagua, Ararat, skiing down from Elbrus, or Kola’s peninsula in Russia.
I propose here few activities, but not all what I can show you!
Contact with me and go together to your dream!
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!