- What is Explore-Share.com?
- How can I book a mountain activity on Explore-Share.com?
- How can you guarantee that my guide is qualified and will provide a safe experience?
- Is there a fee to book a trip on Explore-Share.com?
- How can I pay for my trip?
- What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
- What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
- What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
- Can I find a guide for a trip that is not listed?
- Will I be able to discuss my itinerary / suitability for the trip with my guide before paying?
- Can I make changes to the programs that are listed on the site?
- Can I join a group?
– What is Explore-Share.com?
Explore-Share.com is a booking platform that promotes mountain experiences offered by certified mountain guides and leaders all over the world. Close to 3000 trips offered by 650+ guides are currently on offer on the platform.
Everybody behind the project — from employees to shareholders — is passionate about mountain and outdoor activities. Together, they hope to promote these activities and encourage people to enjoy valuable experiences in the mountains.
To learn more about the team behind Explore-Share.com, please refer to our About Us page.
– How can I book a mountain activity on Explore-Share.com?
1) Go to explore-share.com and search for an activity, location or a combination of both.
2) The search engine will display a list of results. You’ll get to browse through the list, compare and choose the best program for you and your group.
3) Request to book it straight from the platform. Enter your details (including name, skill level and goals for the trip) and we’ll send the guide a request.
4) Once the guide confirms availability, we will charge your credit card and you’ll be all set!
– How can you guarantee that my guide is qualified and will provide a safe experience?
Only certified mountain guides and leaders are registered on Explore-Share.com. Most of them are IFMGA-certified, the most rigorous international certification, and others are UIMLA-certified, the most respected certification for mountain leaders. A third group has local/country certifications — this is especially the case for countries where IFMGA is not available.
However, it is your responsibility to verify that the mountain guide you are booking has the necessary qualifications and expertise to guide you. Please refer to our Why hire a mountain guide? page to learn more about mountain guides’ qualifications and certificates.
– Is there a fee to book a trip on Explore-Share.com?
No, Explore-Share.com doesn’t charge users a fee. Guides pay a commission when they make a sale.
– How can I pay for my trip?
You can use your credit card to pay for the trip. We use Stripe, a widely reputed payment processor, to guarantee that your payment will be secure.
– What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund.
Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
– What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date. If you refuse both options, our cancellation policy will apply.
– What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
– Can I find a guide for a trip that is not listed?
Yes. If you are looking for a specific program but can’t find it on Explore-Share.com, write to our mountain guide coordinators and we’ll do our best to contact you with a local certified guide who can provide the tour you want.
– Will I be able to discuss my itinerary / suitability for the trip with my guide before paying?
Yes. After you request to book a trip, you’ll have the chance to ask your guide any questions you may have before we charge your credit card.
– Can I make changes to the programs that are listed on the site?
Guides can sometimes adapt their programs to satisfy their client’s wishes. Request to book the trip you are interested in and you’ll have the chance to discuss the changes once you are in contact with the guide.
– Can I join a group?
Some guides offer group departures that you can join, others don’t. This information is usually available in the trip’s description but, if it isn’t, you can always ask our mountain guide coordinators.