Explore & Share (hereafter referred to as “E&S”) pays a particular attention to the protection of the privacy of the users of its website https://www.explore-share.com (hereafter referred to as the “Website”) and it undertakes to take the necessary reasonable measures to protect the collected personal data against loss, theft, publication or unauthorized use.
We undertake to preserve your privacy by processing your collected personal data in full conformity with the law of 8 December 1992 with regard to the processing of personal data and the regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter called “General Data Protection Regulation”).
When sending a booking request to a guide through the Website, several personal information such as email, name, mobile number, etc, can be collected. To the extent this information is related to an identified or identifiable natural person (an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly), this information is qualified as “personal data” by the Regulation and is subject to compliance with a number of conditions.
1. Processing of your personal data
Without prejudice to the legal provisions applicable such as the execution of our services, the compliance with legal requirements to which E&S is subject, as well as the legitimate interest of E&S in the frame of its development, you hereby give your express consent to the processing of your personal data such as described hereafter.
Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
2. Data processed by Explore & Share
For the purposes defined in article 3, we process the following personal data:
Personal identification data, such first name, last name, e-mail address, phone number, etc. ;
Financial data, such as credit card details, bank account number, name of the account holder, etc. ;
Data relating to your experience, your level and objectives, your preferences, areas of interest, etc. ;
Data relating to your activity on the Website, such as dynamic IP-address, connection details, web pages visited, searches (through cookies), etc.
3. Purposes of the processing
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to process your payments, to assess and handle any complaints, to develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our Website, to provide personalised services, communications and targeted advertising to you.
We collect, process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To execute the proposed services on the Website (linking of the user with a guide);
- To process your payments, if you purchase the services offered by the guide,
- To provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
- To process and answer your inquiries or to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improve our services, communication methods and the functionality of our Website;
- To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To authenticate the identity of individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of consumers, to improve our Website, our current services, and/or developing new services; and
- To provide personalised services, communications and targeted advertising as well as services recommendations to you;
- For direct marketing purposes.
E&S uses your personal data to build profiles. We create profiles by analysing the information about your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour and your interactions with our brand communications by building segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and by placing your personal data in one or more segments. These segments are used by E&S to personalise the Website and our communications to you (such as showing relevant content to you when you visit our site or in a newsletter to you), and to display relevant offers and advertisements on the Website. E&S profiles your data where you have provided consent for us to do so (for example, accepting the setting of cookies on your browser online or signing up for our email newsletters).
You can withdraw your consent to prevent your personal data being used this way at any time by unsubscribing to the use of your email address if you have signed up to any marketing newsletters.
5. Data sharing
E&S will only send personal data collected within the European Economic Area (EEA) to foreign countries in circumstances such as (i) to follow your instructions, (ii) to comply with a legal duty or, (iii) to work with the guides or other touristic service providers who propose tours on our Website.
If we do transfer personal data to outside of the EEA, E&S will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EEA.
6. Retention of data
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for.
Your data may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
We retain the identifiable data we collect directly for targeting purposes for as little time as possible, after which we employ measures to permanently delete it.
We will actively review the personal data we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.
7. Rights of the users
You can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail (with a copy of your identity card) to E&S at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our Website.
– The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights. Therefore, we’re providing you with the information in this policy.
– The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time.
– The right to data portability. The personal data you have provided us with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
– The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that we delete your data. If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
– The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
– The right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities).
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy (Rue de la Presse, 35 1000 Brussels – Tel. + 32 2 274 48 00 – Fax. + 32 2 274 48 35 – e-mail: email@example.com) about how we process your personal data.
– The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful). You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us with the details provided below.
8. Protection of the personal data
E&S takes every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third-parties.
9. Applicable law and competent jurisdiction:
The present policy is governed by the Belgian law. Any conflict raising from the interpretation or execution of the current policy will be submitted to Belgian law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the judicial district of Brussels.
E&S retains the right to modify the terms of the present policy at any time. The modifications will be published with an announcement of the date when the modifications will take effect.