Kalymnos, located to the west of the peninsula of Bodrum, between the islands of Kos and Leros, is the ideal venue for all rock climbing levels. The different styles and the top-quality limestone are worth the detour. It is very unique to be able to climb steep, overhanging routes and “Tufas” in the 5 and 6a level.
Fueling up with the sun & sea before the real summer is a real bonus. It’s a true re-boosting trip !
The highlights of these 5 days are the following
– It’s for all levels of climbers, it’s very diversified, from easy to more difficult walls
– The walls are easy to reach from the place where we stay
– Climbing along the sea procures an unique feeling
– We experience there a real holidays atmosphere with sun, sea, good food…
– There is a real climber’s community, it’s not about the grade but sharing a same passion.
I usually organize several climbing trips a year in Kalymnos and some of the weeks are sometimes dedicated for women.
The objectives of these climbing trips are the following:
– Improving your self-confidence;
– Learning about techniques & tactics;
– Learning about safety and rescue scenarios;
– Sharing experiences and meeting other climbers;
– Having a fun and climbing without pressure.
5 days of climbing/coaching. The length can be adapted based on the time you have.
Seconding grade 4c/5a is the minimum requirement. No leading requirements.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any question. I will be happy to guide and coach you there, and bring you in some of my secret climbing spots.
Not included in the price
– My and your transportation costs
– My and your accommodations costs
– My and your meals expenses
I am happy to help out and liaise with participants.
Breakfast in your apartment, afternoon greek salad and evening fresh grilled fish is the classic daily itinerary menu. Super cheap and so delicious!
I stayed at the Elena village http://rigas.dk/elena/elena-village/ I found it is the best hotel/apartment on the island. The swimming pool was a real delight after climbing. There are other cheaper options but it was worth it is just outside of the mainstream noise of town. I can liaise with other participant if you want to share an apartment.
I will take minimum 4 persons, max 8. If you would be a large group, I will ask a friend of mine, IFMGA guide as well, to join us.
Guiding fee (5 days)
– 520€ pp if 4 persons
– 525€ pp if 5 persons
– 500€ pp if 6 persons
– 455€ pp if 7 persons
– 410€ pp if 8 persons