Join a certified mountain guide on this 9-day ski touring program in the Lyngen Alps from a boat and enjoy a wonderful adventure.
Join me in this ski touring and sailing adventure, from sea to summit. In this epic 9-day program, we will be ski touring in the Lyngen Alps, Norway, while sleeping and sailing on a yacht.
The program includes a visit to beautiful Tromsø, and then 5 full days ski touring. We will take off each day at the foot of a mountain. We will ascend it and then enjoy exciting descents with amazing views. Skiing from a yacht means that each day we step out of the boat and put on our skis to start a new adventure.
There are different types of routes:
– Return: we start at the beach, then ascend and descend as many times as possible, to end the ski day at the starting point.
– Lokon: we start at the beach, then ascend and descend down to a different beach on the same riverside.
– Traverse: from the starting point at the beach, we ascend a peak and descend on the other side of the island (this is the case of the Uloya island).
I know the area extremely well and there are many possible routes of varied difficulties.
Some mountains in the Tromsø region where we can ski are: Nordfjellet (1000m), Ullstinden (1078m) and Rema 1000 (Soltindan).
In the Lyngen Alps, we can ski in Uloya (1139m), Blaatinden (1142m), the northern summit of Nordmannviktinden (1335m), Sorbmegaisa (1288m), Storehaugen (1142m), Kjelvagtinden (1064m) and Store Kagtinden (1228m).
We will decide the exact itinerary depending on your level, the snow conditions and the wind direction. During late February and March, we will mainly enjoy powder snow. Then, in April and early May there will be a combination of powder and spring snow.
Hotel in Tromsø, on the boat during the ski week.
In Oslo or Tromsø.
Arrival to Oslo or Tromsø. Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Today we visit Tromsø. We will also take the time to check the equipment and make the final preparations for the trip.
At 7PM we board the Southern Star, and spend our first night onboard.
During these ski touring days, the type of terrain on which we will ski, as well as the ascents/descents, will depend on the level of the participants. In general, we will ascend 800-1200 meters per day.
We will spend the nights on the boat. If the weather allows (clear nights and cold weather), we might see the Aurora Borealis!
Final evening and overnight on the boat.
9AM transfer to the airport.
Have any doubts? Talk directly with an Explore Share assistant.
The Concierge service is a great tool for when you still haven't decided what kind of Adventure you're looking for and you're open to suggestions
Group of 1
|EUR 21155 each|
Group of 2
|EUR 10578 each|
Group of 3
|EUR 7052 each|
Group of 4
|EUR 5289 each|
Group of 5
|EUR 4231 each|
Group of 6
|EUR 3526 each|
Group of 7
|EUR 3022 each|
Group of 8
|EUR 2645 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
• Guiding fee
• Transport during the trip
• Mountain guide's expenses (lifts, meals, accommodation, etc)
• Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
• - Accommodation included: 7 nights on the "Southern Star" yacht and 1 night in Tromsø hotel (additional accommodation in Tromsø is not included. - Half board is included during the stay on the boat. In Tromsø, only breakfast is included.
The traveller did not leave a comment.