Feb, Mar, Apr, May
Private and Group
|29/02/2020 to 07/03/2020|
20,000 NOK per person joining a group
|14/03/2020 to 21/03/2020|
|28/03/2020 to 04/04/2020|
|04/04/2020 to 11/04/2020|
|11/04/2020 to 18/04/2020|
|25/04/2020 to 02/04/2020|
Uløybukt. Airport transfer available on request at extra cost.
AIRPORT TRANSFER COST
Trømso: 6000 NOK return for 6 persons. 1000 NOK for every person above 6, max 8 prs.
Sørkjosen: 1750 NOK return for 6 persons. 300 NOK for every person above 6, max 8 prs.
We offer comfortably furnished apartments in a two-story building and a separate house, both located 50m from the water line, at the foot of Blåtinden (1142m).
Bed linens and towels are supplied
There is also a drying room for equipment and the entire infrastructure associated with boating and fishing.
There are three apartments in 2 houses.
The Large House:
Apartment 1: 4 bed – 80 m2, 2 bedrooms, living room with kitchen, bathroom with shower and sauna.
Apartment 2: 6/8 bed – 140 m2, two levels, living room, kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms on the 1st floor, 2 bedrooms with an extra toilet on the 2nd floor.
The Small House:
Apartment 3: 6/8 bed – 100 m2, two levels, living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom with sauna, additional toilet on the ground floor, 4 bedrooms on the 1st floor.
The apartments are comfortably equipped with everything you need for a home away from home. The kitchen is a modern, clean, fully equipped space with all the necessary equipment to make your stay comfortable: plates, cutlery, pots, pans, drip-coffee maker, electric kettle, toaster, oven, and a dishwasher. The livingroom area is furnished with leather seating and has a traditional Norwegian fireplace. TV, DVD, and Wi-Fi (free of charge) are all here to keep you connected with the outside world should you wish.
In addition, there is a heated cellar that guests are welcome to use for storing and drying equipment and wet clothes. There are hangers and laundry facilities, as well as several 400-litre freezers in anticipation of your successful fishing trips.
Please study the following list carefully, as it is crucial for your comfort and safety during your stay with us. Remember - you will be in the wild mountain environment. Conditions may vary dramatically from one hour to another. Be prepared for open-deck boating in terms of waterproofs and warm clothes. Always follow your guides and skippers recommendations.
1. External isolation layer (Primaloft/Coreloft or down jacket)
2. Hard shell (waterproof) top & bottom
3. Soft shell (breathable) for warmer days, especially in the Spring
4. Optionally – internal isolation layer such as primaloft sweater
5. Middle layer (for example Polartec power stretch)
6. Base layer (next to skin, wool or synthetics), 2 sets
7. Warm socks
8. Gloves and mitts - minimum 2 pairs per person (5 fingers with membrane
+ mittens), optionally extra down mittens
9. Winter cap + light cap (or a “buff”)
1. Ski tour (randonnée) set: skis + tour bindings, ski-touring boots (best if not
rented), poles, skins (trimmed to skis), bindings crampons (“knives”)
2. Avalanche safety kit (beacon, shovel, probe)
5. Sunglasses (cat. 4)
6. Backpack 30-40L (optionally with Air Bag System) with skis attachment.
7. option - lightweight crampons and snow axe (ca 60-65 cm). Available for
rent at our lodge.
8. Headlamp, spare batteries
9. Thermos flask (available at our lodge)
10.Sunscreen lotion (factor 30-50) + sunscreen lipstick
11.Mini First Aid kit (aspirin, painkiller, compeed patches, rescue blanket,
Ski equipment is available upon request (except for boots), including probe and shovel sets.
OTHER PRACTICAL INFO:
-We offer skis rental, but we recommend you to bring your own boots. We have a few pairs for an emergency, but you should be previously comfortable with them, ready for a week-long job! We also offer avalanche safety equipment at an extra fee.
- We accept credit card payments.
- There is free wi-fi at the lodge, however be warned that the transfer is limited and there are fluctuations of transfer speed.
- There is no ATM on the island - the closest is at a distance of about 20 km, on the mainland.
- In the vast majority of sell points cards are accepted, including ferries.
- The nearest shop is located on the other side of the island, in Havnnes (accessible only by ferry or boat).
- Petrol for the boats is also available there. The other shops are at mainland, circa 15 km from a ferry port (Storslett, Olderdalen). If required, we will arrange for the groceries to be delivered to you for an extra fee.
- Petrol prices: 15 NOK/ltr at mainland, 17 NOK/ltr at Havnnes (cash/pin cards), 20 NOK/ltr at our center.
- Do not bring drinking water unless you require sparkling. We have a perfect quality crystal-clear drinking water straight from a tap.
-You could easily get food supplies on the way to the lodge. Our guests usually do this without any problems. In case you run short of supplies we deliver shopping at a small fee (500NOK) or you could just visit a store when you ski on the mainland.
BEST TIME AND SNOW CONDITIONS
Weather in February is more uncertain than March in April. February is really hard to predict and quite variable: it could be icy and cold. or you could have lots of powder and sun. You could actually ski on hard neve and ice, but skiing on ice is more dangerous. Usually there is no powder in February.
March and April could be too warm -with snowline at 300m- or it could be great. In contrast to February, in March and April you get a melted layer on top, which makes your skiing almost limitless.
EQUIPMENT RENTAL PRICES NOK per week per day
ski-touring set (skis, skins, poles, cramps) 2000 400
boots (selected sizes only) 1000 200
shovel + probe 400 100
detector + shovel + probe 800 200
snowshoes 1000 200
The skis are Majesty and Dynafit
Avalanche equipment by BCA
The Lyngen Outdoor Center is located in Norway´s far north, in the eastern part of the island of Uløya.
Located just 500km beyond the Arctic circle and surrounded by stunning fjords (including the famous Lyngen fjord), Uløya is a dream setting to practice a wide range of activities (ski touring, climbing and hiking are an every day occurrence here).
The Lyngen Outdoor Center team is made up of IFMGA-certified guides and outdoor lovers only. We are skiers, climbers and anglers. Our expeditions have taken us all around the world, including Himalaya, the Tian Shan Range, Patagonia, Madagscar and Mali, to name a few. We created this place to share our knowledge and passion with you.
You won't have trouble finding us: the only route on this part of the island leads straight to us. You can take a ferry to get here or we can pick you up in our "water taxi".
Our very comfortable apartments are located just 50 meters away from the water line. They offer everything you'll need for a skiing or fishing trip with your friends, including a drying room. Our boats are some of the most modern in all of the Lyngen area and a large sized pier is located just 50m away from your accommodation.
Come explore the unbelievable Arctic. We'll be happy to welcome you!
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!