People per Guide
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May
Type of Trip
- Discover the island of Uløya in the magnificent Lyngen Alps
- Stay in a comfortable lodge right next to the fjord
- Explore neighbouring islands on a boat, try dog sledding or even ice climbing!
I invite you to an unforgettable ski touring experience in the Lyngen Alps, at the heart of one of the best ski areas in the world.
If you could invent the most perfect ski touring venue, the island of Uløya in the north of Norway would be the result.
I invite you to take 1 minute to watch this short video which has been shot in May 2017 by a group of skiers I have guided there.
This is the only place in the world where it is possible to find 1000m-long slopes, inclined at almost any angle, perfect for experts or beginners alike, and falling right into the dark blue waters of the fjords.
During the spring, I am based at the Lyngen Outdoor Center lodge on Uløya Island, at the foot of Blåtinden (1142 m). It’s actually a very remote location, in the northern end of the famous Lyngen Fjord. I offer 7-day trips (or any other length upon request) for groups of between 3 and 6 people.
Depending on snow and weather conditions, we can choose between ski-and-sail, stationary tours or driving to the mainland.
Skiing conditions in this place are truly outstanding, with lots of fresh snow and slopes for every difficulty. The air is very dry and snow hardly gets compressed, so we have perfect powder snow almost all the time.
In late spring, especially by the end of April and May, the snow cover is just perfect and creates a perfect surface to slide on. This is because the snow that has melted during the day gets frozen again at night. This creates an ideal sliding layer several centimeters thick.
Every ski-tour starts right at the doorstep of our house. In fact, a 15 km tour can take us straight to the top of Blåtinden (1142). Once there, we can ski straight down to our front door, and arrive just in time for a cold beer and a hot sauna.
Apart from this, we may continue along the Uløytinden (1114) and Kjelvagtinden (1104) skyline. This way, we can complete the Great Traverse of Uløya, one of the best tours in Lyngen.
And if you are in the mood for something different, we can take a boat trip to explore the neighboring islands of Kågen and Arnøya. In fact, we will have a modern, safe boat (8.5 m or 7.2 m, 150 HP aluminium) at our disposal.
In addition to this, we can take a trip across the Lyngen Fjord to the peninsula or a tour to the Lyngen Alps. If you enjoy ice or rock climbing, there are also ice cascades and rock walls waiting for us. Finally, if you want to have a quiet day, you can try your hand at sea fishing and dog sledding.
Regarding accommodation, we’ll stay in comfortable, warm and fully equipped apartments with wonderful views.
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime? It is! Join me for an unforgettable adventure in a true skiing paradise.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
What happens if I need to cancel the trip?
If you decide to cancel, you’ll get a 100% refund (minus fees) if the cancellation is notified up to 60 days before the start of the tour, a 75% refund (minus fees) if you cancel between 59 and 30 days before the start of the tour, and a 50% refund if you cancel between 29 and 21 days before the start of the tour. If you cancel less than 21 days before the first day of the tour, you won’t receive a refund. Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
What happens if the guide cancels the trip because of bad weather/unsuitable conditions?
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
What happens if the guide doesn’t show up or cancels for personal reasons?
If the guide cancels for reason of injury or other, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
You'll stay in comfortable furnished apartments in a 2-story building and a separate house, both located 50 meters from the water line, at the foot of Blåtinden (1142m).
- Included in the trip : 7 days accommodation (no meals) in 4- or 8-prs apartments, 2-bed sleeping rooms. Stationary trips on Uløya and mainland (available by nearby ferry). Up to 3 trips to neighbouring islands or Lyngen peninsula, skipper, 250l of fuel included (6-8 hrs sailing). Additional boat transfers mainland-island (bringing you back in case of missing the ferry). Boat transfers for arrival/departure (in the absence of the ferry).
Additional seafishing trip + equipment. Guiding by experienced and highly qualified IFMGA guides, experts on the region, renowned skiers and alpinists.
- Prices are subject to current exchange rates NOK / EURO.
- It's also possible to stay here without taking the guiding assistance
- Transfer from Tromso is not included. It costs an extra 5750 NOK return, up to 6 people (and then 1000 NOK for every additional person from 6 to 8). Alternatively you can take a bus from Tromso to Rotsund FK and catch a ferry to Uloybukt. If you give me your arrival hour at Tromso I can make you a travel plan.
- We have skis available for rent for 2000 NOK but NO BOOTS!
- Shopping : Best option to make it in Tromso. Either at a mall near the airport (REMA 1000) or at the center of Tromso, near the bus station (COOP).
About the Guide
I am a fully certified IFMGA guide since 2012. I have, however, mastered my climbing and skiing skills for many years before taking up guiding. I have participated in numerous climbing expeditions not only to the wild mountains of Caucasus (which I have gotten to know pretty well), but also to Nepal, Alps and have extensively climbed in many Norwegian areas. In recent years I have been resident in Norway, and I co-operate with my friends at Lyngen Outdoor Center as their chief mountain guide.
What People Say about this Trip