Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Arrival. Transfer from Tbilisi airport to Stepantsminda, (1700m)
– 3 hour
– Night in a guesthouse.
Drive to church Trinity with 4X4 jeep (2100m), walk to Betlemi hut, at 3700 m.
– 6-8 hour
–Night in Betlemi mountain hut
Acclimatization hike to Church (2.5hrs at 400m). If you are very fit and you want to we can go to Mt. Orcveri (4200m) this is a 6 hours hike.
– Night in Betlemi mountain hut
Summit day, (5047m)
– 8-10 hour.
– Night in Betlemi Hut
Take into account that huts can't be booked in advance during the high season and are managed on a "first come-first served" basis. There is a possibility that we may have to sleep in a tent if the hut is full when we get there.
- Technical equipment you need : Crampons (classical ones, not for ice climbing), Harness, 2 carabiners, 1 Sling (120 cm) and an ice axe (Classical light mountaineering, not for sport ice climbing).
- You need mountaineering shoes which fit with crampons .
- If I am busy you'll join one of my teammates, all of them local certified guides.
I'm a fully certified IFMGA / UIAGM mountain guide from Tbilisi, Georgia. I have the GMGA (Georgian Mountain Guides Association) certificate and I'm a member of the Austrian Mountain Guide Association.
I'm a professional mountaineer, national team member of Georgian Mountain Federation. I am actively climbing in the Caucasus mountain range.
The programs I guide more often are:
- Mountaineering = Mt. Kazbek, Mt. Tetnuldi, Mt. Ushba, Chaukhi region.
- Ski Touring = Gudauri, Svaneti, Kazbegi regions.
I also manage large expeditions and base camps for Caucasus Mountains.
Please get in touch with me if you plan to come to Georgia. It will be my great pleasure to help you and to guide you in our awesome mountains.
I am leading a Guide Office in Georgia, and work together with my colleagues George, Lasha and Leri (National certified Mountain Guides). In case I'm not available, one of them will be your guide.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!