If you’d like to go on one of the most popular treks in the Everest region, this 17-day trekking program in Gokyo via Renjo-La is one of the best. It is a perfect tour if you have limited time to discover this area of Nepal. Join a certified guide from the GuideSource team in an adventure that will take you to the beautiful Khumbu area, where the Sherpa culture continues to be alive and well.
To begin this program, we will meet you the Kathmandu International Airport. After touring the main sites of this fantastic city, we will fly to Lukla. This air route is a treasure on its own with impressive views as we reach the Tenzing-Hillary Airport.
Once in the beautiful Lukla, a prosperous village in the heart of the mountain, the trekking adventure will begin. Over the next days we will walk by and through breathtaking landscapes and sites. Some of the highlights are:
- Beautiful settlements and villages in the mountains with local activities and strong faith cultures
- Visiting the beautiful Namche Bazzar, the main gateway to the Khumbu region
- Visiting the world’s highest hydroelectric power station on the way to Thame
- Trekking around some of the Gokyo’s six lakes
- Visiting the famous Monastry of Tengboche
- Potentially encountering local wild life
- A vast variety of natural landscapes, from open plains to rhododendron forests
- Unmatched best views of the surrounding peaks like Mt Everest, Mt Thamserku and the Kwangde Peak
Have a look at the complete day by day itinerary below.
During this program, we will spend the night at local lodges (all of them with full board).
For this program, you will be guided by a certified guide from the GuideSource team. GuideSource has been guiding groups on these mountains for more than 35 years – with zero serious or fatal accidents. We hope you join one of our groups soon!
Interested in this Gokyo Trek via Renjo-La, 17-day program? Request your booking! If you are interested in shorter trekking programs in this area, have a look at the Kingdom of Bhutan, 7 Day Guided Tour and the Ghale Gaun, 9-day program.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport during the trip
- Mountain guide's expenses
Skill level required
Fitness level required
Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport
Lodges and teahouse