I recommend this three-day program for beginners or for those wishing to acclimatize before a mountain expedition. We will follow a pre-Columbian road, crossing altitude steppes (Puna), then crossing the collar of Yanashallash (4 700m), the highest point of this tour, where we descend on the eastern side of the Cordillera Blanca. This trek
I recommend this three-day program for beginners or for those wishing to acclimatize before a mountain expedition. We will follow a pre-Columbian road, crossing altitude steppes (Puna), then crossing the collar of Yanashallash (4 700m), the highest point of this tour, where we descend on the eastern side of the Cordillera Blanca. This trek in particular offers a wonderful view of one of the giants of the region: the Huantsan (6 395m). Our final stage will be Chavin, to visit the ancient ceremonial center whose apogee was on the first millennium BC. In the afternoon we will regain the city of Huaraz.
– Total trip: 4 days / 3 nights
May to September
Please contact me so I can answer your requests and start organizing the trip!
– A satellite telephone (€ 15 per day, excluding communication costs)
– A hyperbaric chamber (€ 15 per day)
– Personal saddle horse (€ 10 per day)
– Accommodation in Huaraz
– Transport Lima-Huaraz-Lima
– Tips for the accompanying staff
– Transport by private car from Huaraz to different sites
– 1 accompanying guide
– 1 cooker
– Any food and full kitchen equipment
– 1 assistant cooker (groups of more than 4 people)
– Muleteer and pack animals
– 1 saddle horse in reserve
– 1 mess tent, 1 kitchen tent, two-people tents and sleeping mats
– Rights of entrance in different communities
– Information and specific recommendations before the trekking
– Permanent assistance of the agency throughout the duration of your stay
– IGV (18%), general sales tax
– 2 people: 610€/person
– 3 people: 525€/person
– 4 people: 400€/person
– 5 and more people: 360€/person
I'm Mountain guide AGMP (Peru) since 1982 and IFMGA (international) since 1988. Technical Director of AGMP (Association of Mountain Guides of Peru) since 1996, I train future mountain guides.
I started as a porter helping my father in an expedition he organized in 1976. During my first expedition, it did not know anything about mountain, I had to do my first rescue because a client got sick. It has been a hard work to evacuate him because the motorway still did not get to Quebrada Honda.
I've organized numerous rescues in the mountains and the Amazon jungle and participated in scientific missions on behalf of American glaciologists as Lonnie Thompson. Familiar of the Alps and the Himalayas, the mountain ranges of Peru have no secrets for me.
Mountains are nice worldwide and give you good memories, but if I had to keep one expedition, I would take one in the Cordillera Blanca, Huandoy (North Face) or Yerupajá maybe.
What I prefer in this job is keeping learning new knowledge, nice life standard, travel and know the world and of course knowing people and cultures. I also like helping in the training of new guides.
There are no reviews yet
Group of 1
|EUR 1220 each|
Group of 2
|EUR 610 each|
Group of 3
|EUR 525 each|
Group of 4
|EUR 400 each|
Group of 5
|EUR 360 each|
Want a different number of travellers?