Discovering the southwestern coast, from Ajaccio Gulf to Propriano Gulf.
This is an independent hike from hut to hut, without a guide. It can be done from spring to autumn. It lasts 6 days: 5 days hiking and 5 nights. This is an easy+ level trek.
The unique hike that I propose here has the following features:
– A classic trail of the Natural Park
– A good mix of hiking and swimming
– A clear and detailed road book
– You hike “light”
– A “comfort” hiking spending the nights in hotels or rooms
You can go as couples or with friends, without supervision. You are the only managers of your hiking day. With my team, we take care of all the logistics: accommodation booking, transfers, luggage transport, meals … We provide you a clear and precise road map to guide you throughout your trip.
The travel book includes daily:
– A short description of the stage
– An IGN map extract
– Technical information about the signs, walking time, altitude changes…
– Accommodation and meals information
– Logistics information.
The terrain is very varied, trails in forests or in bushes. Some stages of the route are in altitude, trails are very steep and stony but without any particular technical difficulty.
Here is the daily program:
Day 1 : Porticcio – Bisinao
Welcome in the morning, transfer to Porticcio on the Gulf south shore where the hike starts. The path winds in laces overlooking the Mediterranean sea. In spring the fragrant bushes are in bloom.
– Dinner and overnight at Bisinao house.
– Duration: 5:30h
– Positive vertical drop: +820m
– Negative vertical drop: -280mDay 2 : Bisinao – Coti Chiavari
You continue on the balcony path to the Pietrosella hamlet. The arrival to the Prunu plateau marks the beginning of the walk in the forest of Coti Chiavari. Arrival at the village.
– Dinner and overnight in hotel.
– Duration: 5h
– Positive vertical drop: +420m
– Negative vertical drop: -530m
Day 3 : Coti Chiavari – Porto Pollo
Descent to the bay and Cupabia beach from where you begin to see the Genoese Tours along the coastline; swimming break before the hike along the seafront which leads to the small resort of Porto Pollo.
– Dinner and overnight in hotel at Porto Pollo.
– Duration: 4:45h
– Positive vertical drop: +250m
– Negative vertical drop: -550m
Day 4 : Porto Pollo – Olmeto
You finally discover the interior of the island through the Taravu plain, olive groves and oak; visit of “Coppia” sheepfolds near the pass and then Raghja hamlet. Descent to the village of Olmeto, which despite its proximity to the sea still retains a strong rural style.
– Dinner and overnight at Olmeto.
– Duration: 5h
– Positive vertical drop: +500m
– Negative vertical drop: -170m
Day 5 : Olmeto – Burgo
Last step of the Mare e Monti south, trail created and maintained by the Corsica Regional Natural Park. The marine environment remains during the olive grove passage. We go through the abandoned Vera hamlet before beginning the descent to Burgo.
– Dinner and overnight at Burgo.
– Duration: 5h
– Positive vertical drop: +650m
– Negative vertical drop: -770m
Day 6 : transfer
Return to Ajaccio
I invite you to contact me if you are interested in this beautiful hike. We will be happy to arrange it for you and make sure you enjoy to a maximum without logistic organization!
Price per person
|Group of 2||615EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip