A fabulous climb adventure in one of the most beautiful summits of the Cordillera Blanca: Nevado Copa!
Located in the Ancash region in the Huascaran National Park, Nevado Copa has 6188 meters of altitude. It has a moderate ascent difficulty and it’s an ideal option for climb lovers.
for more information, Below is the detailed itinerary:
– DAY 1: Meeting at Huaraz city. From there we drive to Pueblos Vicos. We start our hike going through the village and the eucalyptus forests until reach the Base Camp Legiacocha (4700m).
– DAY 2: Before hiking to the High Camp (5200m), we walk along the shores of the Legiacocha Lake. At the end of the day, we spend the night at the camp.
– DAY 3: This is the summit’s day. We start at 1 am hiking over the glacier and crossing crevices. Once we arrive to the top, we’ll enjoy amazing views of mountains. Afterwards, we descend to High Camp and the to Base Camp.
– DAY 4: Finally, we return to Vicos, where a bus will waiting to take us back to Huaraz city.
As a final point, climbers must have some prior experience in altitude and also a good physical condition to attempt to Nevado Copa. Besides being the easiest 6000 meters elevated mountain in the range, it has many crevices and also rock and ice ridges.
So, if you have any interest in ascend Nevado Copa, I invite you to contact me! I’ll be glad to be your guide and make you discover such a beautiful place.
Price per person
- Guiding fee
- All meals during trip
- Transport to the start of the trip
- Transport during the trip
- Luggage transfer during the trip
- Group equipment
- Permit and entrance fees