Jan, Feb, Mar, Dec
Bus transfer Bogotá – Anzoátegui. 4×4 transfer to Palomar. Night at the Hostal Villa Lucía (lunch and dinner included).
We will start the 17-kilometer trek to Termales del Cañón, visit the Laguna Bombona and spend the night in tents (breakfast, snacks and dinner included). Luggage transferred in horses.
We set off this morning from Termales de Cañón towards the summit.
We will use our technical equipment once we reach the Totare glacier.
This day, along with the descent from the summit, will involve about 14 hours on the move (breakfast, snacks and dinner included).
Today make the descent to La Escuela (8 kilometers).
Night in camping (breakfast, snacks and dinner included).
Descent from La Escuela to Juntas. Return to Bogotá (breakfast and lunch included).
Personal Equipment list:
- Hat for the cold
- Hat for the sun
- Good quality Sun glasses
- Waterproof Jacket (Goretex or similar)
- Waterproof Trousers (Goretex or similar)
- Winter Coat (Polar)
- Base layer thermals
- Walking Trousers (Windproof, softshell or similar)
- Warm winter Jumper
- Waterproof Poncho (optional)
Hands and Feet:
- Thermal and/or Waterproof Gloves
- Hiking Boots, warm and waterproof
- Walking Cane
- Walking Socks x 2 pairs
- Backpack of 30/40 litres
- Seperate backpack to be exported by the horses
- Camelback o bottle – 2 litres minimum
- Sun Cream Protection
- Lip Balm
- Bed Liner insulator
- Sleeping Bag (mín. -5oC)
- Plastic plate, glass, and cutlery
Ascenso Andino is a rock climbing and high mountain agency based in Suesca, Colombia. Our staff of guides is professional, with more than 10 years of experience climbing and in expeditions in different mountains around the world.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!