Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Dec
I invite you to an exciting ski touring course in Norway, learning how to ski safely in the wild mountains, far away from the crowds.
This is an ideal opportunity for skiers with wide experience riding on piste and off piste in ski resorts.
We’ll be ski touring in different areas of Norway, such as Sunnmøre, Sogn, Hemsedal, West Jonunheimen and Haukeli.
I am professional IFMGA mountain guide and will be helping you to develop a solid experience in ski touring. This includes knowing how to manage at avalanche risk, improving your technique, learning pre-planning methods and how to rescue someone from an avalanche.
Besides, I’ll give you all the information regarding equipment, clothes and devices you’ll need for ski touring.
There’ll be classes with slideshows first, and then we’ll go to the mountain! In fact, there are many ski tours in the program, so that you can practice everything you learn.
Furthermore, this course will take place in an outstanding mountain region of Norway, surrounded by beautiful peaks. This unique natural environment will turn your trip into an unforgettable experience.
Please contact me if you want to take this ski touring course! We can organize a trip according to your skills and wishes, and go there from 2 to 5 days.
-Level: advanced ski resort riders
-Transportation cost depends on the distance.
-Any extra day (over course duration) for pick up or drop off at the airport is charged 1000 NOK per day.
-I can help you book your accommodation.
• Hard shell (waterproof), top & bottom
• Soft shell (better breathable) for spring conditions, top & bottom
• Isolation layer (Primaloft or down sweater)
• Middle layer (for example Polartec power stretch)
• ski socks (not too thick), few pairs
• Base layer (next to skin, wool or synthetic), 2 sets
• Gloves 2 pairs (5 fingers gloves with membrane + soft shell gloves)
• Winter cap + light cap (or “buff”)
• Ski tour (Randonee) set (skis + tour bindings, ski-touring boots, poles, skins and skis velcro)
• Bindings crampons
• Avalanche rescue kit (transceiver, shovel, probe)
• Sunglasses (cat. 3-4)
• Backpack 30-40L with skis attachment.
• Light-weight crampons and snow axe (ca 60-65 cm)
• Thermos + camel bag (optionally)
• Sunscreen lotion (factor 30-50) + sunscreen lipstick
• Mini First AID kit (aspirin, painkiller, Compeed patches, rescue blanket, heating pads)
I am a fully certified IFMGA guide since 2012. I have, however, mastered my climbing and skiing skills for many years before taking up guiding. I have participated in numerous climbing expeditions not only to the wild mountains of Caucasus (which I have gotten to know pretty well), but also to Nepal, Alps and have extensively climbed in many Norwegian areas. In recent years I have been resident in Norway, and I co-operate with my friends at Lyngen Outdoor Center as their chief mountain guide.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!