|Stay home - Dream big- Book your next adventure|
• Book with only 25% deposit • Flexible refund policy
Via ferrata is a fun activity accessible to all levels, and great for families. Christophe, a Belgian rock climbing instructor, guides you in Pont à Lesse close to Dinant in Wallonia.
I invite you to a fantastic half day of via ferrata in Pont a Lesse, near Dinant in Wallonia (Belgium).
This program is ideal for an initiation in via ferrata, as well as for “non sporty” people, kids and families. We will be in the magnificent green area of the Castel hotel, in the Lesse valley (Vallée de la Lesse). In fact, we will be at the heart of 25 hectares of natural greenery.
The route follows a long ridge, culminating on a veritable rocky summit, from where we can descend abseiling. Besides, we can do some basic rock climbing or via cordata. In fact, we can arrange it for the same day.
The main reasons why I love guiding my friends and clients here are:
– We are in the beautiful Lesse valley which I like very much;
– The via ferrata is aerial and accessible for all levels;
– We can combine it with easy rock climbing / via cordata.
Tempted to try via ferrata in an active and fun day? Then please send me a request and let’s start planning your next adventure in Dinant! I would love to guide you on this route.
If you are fast and if you still have energy after doing the via ferrata, we can do some abseiling and/or an initiation to rock climbing.
If you come for more than one day, the options are Castel Hotel, camping in Pont a Lesse and hotel in Freyr.
If I'm not available, you will be guided by another certified Belgian climbing instructor.
- If conditions are favorable, we can also practice via ferrata during the rest of the year. - Try to book at least 5 days before climbing days. - I'll take maximum 6-8 climbers with me, depending on your level. If you don't have experience/are not very fit, 6 is the maximum. If you have experience and a fit upper body, up to 8 people are possible. - If you come with a larger group, I'll be coming with another rock climbing instructor. - Equipment: good trekking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket (depending on the forecast), picnic, water, ID card, and your own technical material if you have it (if not, you can rent it with me).
Parking of the Castel Hotel in Pont a Lesse. If you come from abroad, it might be better to rent a car.
I discovered the mountain with my parents at a young age thanks to hiking and alpine skiing. Around 12 years old, I started climbing, and it rapidly became a real passion, allowing me to live moments of intense adventure and escape. I dedicated most of my free time to it, which allowed me to reach a good level fast.
The Wallonie rocks, and particularly Freyr, are a great school to train for walls abroad like the large walls in Verdon, the Calanques and Chamonix. My passion took me then to alpinism, ski touring, ice climbing, canyoning. After my studies, I took 2 long initiating travels to Latin America, traveling the Andes range from Ecuador to Patagonia, by foot and cycling, down the Southern route. This exceptional experience woke up a new passion in me: traveling, discovering large spaces, different cultures and civilisations, to meet others and to get to know myself.
After sharing this passion with my friends and family, I discovered the urge to make of it a real profession. I started studying to become a climbing and alpinism instructor (UPMM certification). My studies in Physical Education and Physiotherapy gave me extra knowledge of physiology, pedagogy and traumatology.
I supervised my first climbing and alpinism trainings in the Club Alpin Belge. I then became a teacher at the CAB - a Federation for many educations destined for members, future instructors and physical education teachers. I was hired at the Federation-CAB as an education coordinator in 2003, then technical director in 2005. The 7 years spent at the CAB strengthened my technical, pedagogical and management abilities. In 2011, I decided to change my orientation and return to the "field", working again in the organisation of trainings, trips, expeditions...
My motto: professionalism, friendliness and above all pleasure!
Have any doubts? Talk directly with an Explore Share assistant.
The Concierge service is a great tool for when you still haven't decided what kind of Adventure you're looking for and you're open to suggestions
Group of 1
|EUR 250 each|
Group of 2
|EUR 125 each|
Group of 3
|EUR 92 each|
Group of 4
|EUR 76 each|
Group of 5
|EUR 65 each|
Group of 6
|EUR 58 each|
Group of 7
|EUR 54 each|
Group of 8
|EUR 50 each|
Want a different number of travellers?
• Guiding fee
• Departures are only possible on weekdays. If you want to go during the weekend, it's possible if we combine it with rock climbing in the area the rest of the day. If you are not a member of an alpine club, you will have to pay the access to the rock (12€ for adults, 6€ under 18 years old). Equipment rental is 5€ per person (harness, helmet, quickdraws, rope, belaying device, via ferrata set).
The traveller did not leave a comment.
Zinzi van der Aar
The traveller did not leave a comment.