Mar, Apr, May
We’ll meet at Tromsø airport before heading to the ship and boarding at 16:00 for a 18:00 departure towards Akkarfjord in Arnøya.
Our first day of skiing and mountaineering will be on the island of Arnøya which we’ll reach via Akkarfjord.
Day three will be spent at Lauksletta in Arnøya for more mountain climbing and powder.
Frakkfjorden is our day four destination and we’ll spend the day skiing and mountaineering.
On day five we’ll cross from Langfjorden to Øksfjord for more skiing and mountain climbing.
We’ll spend the day skiing and mountaineering from Simavik in Stjernøya.
Our final day will be spent skiing and mountaineering on the island of Seiland.
We’ll arrive at Alta at 9:00am, then travel to the airport for your flight.
|11/04/2020 to 18/04/2020|
The Rembrandt Van Rijn can host 30 passengers at any one time. There are two types of cabins, a lower cost twin cabin without a porthole, or a larger twin cabin with a porthole. This cabin is €300 more for the week. All cabins accommodate two people and contain bunk beds and a private bathroom complete with shower. The low-cost cabin is subject to availability.
Here are items you’ll need to back, please let me know if you need to hire any ski equipment in advance and I can help you with this:
- Comfortable sports clothes for time spent on board
- Warm cap ideally windproof
- Lightweight and/or wool buff for the neck or to use as a balaclava
- "Gore-tex" jacket or similar (only the shell, without padding)
- "Windstopper" jacket or similar
- Lightweight synthetic down jacket
- A warm and breathable second layer
- Breathable technical underwear (no cotton or wool!)
- Ski mountaineering pants
- Lightweight, technical socks
- 2 pairs of gloves. One pair that is light and breathable for the ascent and a heavier pair for the descent
- Touring Skis
- Ski mountaineering boots with ski stop
- Snow knives
- Climbing Skins
- Extendable sticks with washers
- Digital Artva (avalanche receiver-transmitter)
- Snow shovel
- Snow probe
- A lightweight day backpack with a capacity 30/40 liters.
- Sunglasses with 100% UV protection
- Sun lotion with minimum protection of 50
- Bottle and/or thermos and/or camelbak, with a capacity of 1 / 1.5 liters
- Energy bars
We are inMont, a group of IFMGA Alpine Guides from Venezia Giulia Region.
We offer all range of mountain activities: mountaineering, rock to ice climbing, high mountains, ski mountaineering, expeditions in and outside Europe, and we organize courses.
We are Massimo Candolini, Guido Candolini, Gianni Dorigo and Andrea Fusari. In addition, some Alpine Guides of the Friuli Venezia Giulia region collaborate with us.
NEWNeed help deciding?
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!