Glacier Hiking Day Trip from Reykjavik, Iceland
Hiking in Reykjadalur Hot Springs
Join AIMG certified mountain guides Asgard Beyond to witness the unique Northern Lights whilst also exploring the stunning Sólheimajökull glacier!
Jan, Feb, Mar, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Open To Everyone
* Watch the magical Northern Lights from one of the best spots in Iceland
* Enjoy privately guided hiking on Sólheimajökull outlet glacier
* Indulge with a special 2-course dinner at the base of Skógafoss waterfall
* Discover the spectacular landscapes of Iceland's South coast by private minivan
This amazing trip combines two of Iceland’s premier trips in one private outing! During the day you will explore the breathtaking Sólheimajökull Outlet Glacier and then during the night time you’ll witness the truly miraculous Northern Lights in all their glory.
Sólheimajökull is located about 140km from the capital Reykjavik and so is a very accessible trip. You’ll have several hours to navigate the crevices and unique glacial geology of Sólheimajökull before we start our search for the most magical dance of light available in the sky, the northern lights.
What’s more, we’ll stop at the majestic Skógar waterfall in between these two activities to enjoy a traditional Icelandic two-course dinner at the local restaurant.
This is your private trip so let us know your preferences and we will do everything possible to cater the trip to your needs and wishes.
If exploring an Icelandic glacier and admiring the radiance of the northern lights gets you excited then sign up now because we can’t wait to share this unforgettable experience with you!
If you can’t stay into the evening then consider joining us on this 1-day exploration of Sólheimajökull Glacier that will have you home before late. Alternatively if your a ski touring enthusiast then join us on a phenomanol 1-day touring and the skiing down the slopes of either Eyjafjallajökull or Snæfellsjökull.
* Hotel pick up at 08:00**.** * 2-hour journey to **Sólheimajökull** sees us pass ash mountains, waterfalls and volcanoes. * We spend the day on the glacier, exploring crevasses and swell holes. * Next is Skógafoss waterfall for a traditional two course meal with a magnificent view of the waterfall. * The rest of the evening we’ll hunt down the spectacular northern lights. Returning to hotels no later than midnight.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.