The Northern lands and polar regions hold a wild, latent, almost frozen energy… But volcanoes in Iceland are the exception. They create disorder and destabilise the eye. They take us into a turbulent world, never completely peaceful…
For aesthetes, sensitive souls, photographers, painters… Icelandic sceneries are worth any detour. Reliefs and colours are unique.
I have been hiking in Iceland for almost 10 years. As time goes by, the desire to return becomes stronger. Also, I want to discover new places that I haven’t seen in my previous explorations.
Rather than a definite plan, I propose to you a “Best of”. In other words, an anthologie of the most remarkable areas. I don’t want to take you where everybody goes, but to explore some remote corners in the Southern side of Iceland. The South is where we find the special places in the island. For example, we will see completely atypical and incredibly diverse landscapes…
These are the highlights of the trip I propose to you:
- The Snæfellsnes peninsula, basaltic columns in Arnarstapi.
- The fumaroles, solfataras and impressive pastel colours of the Kerlingarfjöll Massif. The hot springs of Hveravellir.
- The many lakes in Veidivotn, the muddy and mighty waters of the Tungnaá river.
- The secret beauties of the Torfajökull caldera.
- The big Langisjór lake the green Fögrufjöll hills, the mighty Skaftá river.
- The Mælifellsandur black desert, the green turquoise waters of Hólmsárlón lake, the hot springs of Strutslaug, the Eldgjá failure.
- The eruptive fissure of Lakagigar.
- The eastern buttress of the Mýrdalsjökull icecap.
This hiking tour around Southern Iceland is an incredible experience. If it tempts you, contact me and let’s live it together!
Price per person
|Group of 4||2640EUR|
|Group of 5||2450EUR|
|Group of 6||2450EUR|
|Group of 7||2450EUR|
|Group of 8||2450EUR|
- Guiding fee
- Transport during the trip
During the 2 nights in Reykjavik we will stay in guesthouses.
During the trip we will sleep mainly in tents (wilderness camping).
Group size: 4 to 8 people.
Our daily hikes will be 5 to 7 hours long.We will travel from spot to spot in 4x4 vehicles.