Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team on this 7-day rock climbing trip in Sicily and discover one of the best kept rock climbing secrets in Italy!
This 7-day rock climbing trip in Sicily is your perfect choice if you want to spend a Vertical Vacation in Italy!
Sicily is mostly famous for the movies about the Italian Maffia. But there is much more to it. To begin with, it’s an island! the largest in the Mediterranean Sea. And it’s located just south of the Italian mainland, from which it’s divided by a narrow strait named Messina.
But for us, rock climbing lovers, there is even more to it. There are endless climbing possibilities with amazing landscapes and sceneries.
And this program will take you to the best spots in the island. And you’ll also have the possibility of visit incredible archaeological sites and relax at an spectacular spa or on a beach, plus you’ll be enjoying the amazing and world famous italian culinary delights.
As there are so many options to chose from I offer you a purely illustrative itinerary below. But we’ll discuss your preference and make a tailored trip according to your wishes.
So don’t hesitate about it, send me a request for this 7-day rock climbing trip in Sicily and let me show you the most wonderful rock climbing spots in this island!
- Guiding fee
A minimum of 4 people is required for this trip.
20 Euros/per person for ice axe, harness, crampons and helmet.
we’ll rent a car in Trapani and go to the location you chose.
Transfers are always by car unless we decide to spend a few days at San Vito Camping, from where we can reach many areas on foot.
Wake up and breakfast. Transfer to Salinella, the main crag in the area of San Vito Lo Capo. An impressive number of equipped routes for every taste will await us. The beautiful view of the sea and the mild climate make it an ideal destination for winter climbing.
Wake up, breakfast and off to Custonaci and the spectacular Never Sleeping Wall crag. The special thing about this place is the multitude of pipes and concretions which are abundant on the easy climbs.
After breakfast, we will go towards the Crown of Aragon, a beautiful and scenic crag, with mostly overhanging walls rich in concretions. The climb is athletic and continuous. Light lunch and relax on the beach before moving to the crags near Palermo.
Also the area of Palermo is rich in crags including Bauso Rosso, a magnificent rocky bar 500 m long with four important sections: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso and Arctica.
Another day, another crag. This time is the Roccia dello Schiavo, a spur of Monte Pellegrino that overlooks the Parco della Favorita, in the heart of Palermo. The rock is an exceptional grey limestone, often sharp, but there are also areas with cracks and hourglasses. It is an area rich in sports itineraries to suit all tastes and levels, as well as multi-pitch routes.
The last day is dedicated to visiting Palermo, while the most indefatigable ones could spend the time with the last climbs before flying back home.
What are some recommended accommodations near our adventure location?
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Hello Basically I am satisfied with the whole organization, because in the end everything worked as expected, whereby the guide had a big part in the success! Unfortunately, the information regarding equipment was unclear in advance and sometimes varied, which didn't make it any easier for a beginner like me. In general, the flow of information was rather slow, but towards the end it was sufficient and quick. In general, I would recommend that you revise the list of necessary equipment! Above all, it should be clear what the guest has to bring (with a distinction between "must" and "recommended"), what is provided by the organizer and what could be rented if necessary. Of course, this is not easy to accomplish, as the necessary equipment also depends on the conditions. Best wishes and continued success with the organization of ski trips! Martin
Great service. Above and beyond expectations. Abigail went the extra mile to make my trip happen, after hours and at very short notice. It would not have been possible without her. Highly recommended.
Silvia was fantastic in helping get everything set up, from recommending accommodations and buses to organizing the meet-up with my guide. Mateo was a great guide, found the perfect route for my experience and skill level. A truly amazing experience that I didn't think would be possible.
A very well organised trip by both parties, we will define use again for future trips 🙂
Had a blast with Elis from Peakshunter. We enjoyed the climbing quite a bit, and Elis was kind and helpful, and the views at Albard di Bard were amazing! We had never done multi pitch climbing before and he made it a really fun time for us.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.