Jan, Feb, Mar, Nov, Dec
From Copiapo, Chile or Catamarca, Argentina, to Laguna Verde.
Acclimatization in Laguna Verde.
Hike to Atacama refuge.
Acclimatization in Atacama refuge.
Hike from Atacama refuge to Tejo refuge, and return to Atacama refuge.
Hike to Tejo refuge to stay there.
From Tejo refuge, ascent to the summit. Then return to Atacama refuge or Laguna Verde.
Return from Atacama refuge or Laguna Verde to Copiapo.
We will start from Copiapo, Chile, or Catamarca, Argentina.
We will camp.
Technical equipment included: helmet, harness, crampons, ice axe.
Lodging in Copiapo or Catamarca after the expedition is not included.
Personal equipment suggested to bring:
- Upper body: 2 thin long sleeve polypropylene t-shirts, 1 polypropylene Short Sleeve t-shirt, 1 thin polar jacket (second layer), 1 polar jacket (second layer), 1 Gore-Tex jacket, 1 feather jacket.
- Hands: 1 thin polypropylene pair of gloves (first layer), 1 pair of polar windstopper gloves, 1 pair of Gore-Tex gloves.
- Head: sun hat, wool or fleece hat, buff.
- Lower body: 1 polypropylene leg fit (first layer), 1 windstopper pair of trekking pants (second layer), 1 windproof pair of Gore-Tex (or similar) trousers.
- Feet: 1 pair of leggings, 1 pairs of thin polypropylene socks (first layer), 2 pairs of polypropylene socks (second layer), 2 pairs of synthetic trekking socks, 1 pair of trekking shoes, 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of mountain double boots.
- Equipment: adjustable trekking poles (telescopic), ice ax (ca. 60-70 cm), semi automatic crampons, backpack (70-80 liters), feather or synthetic sleeping bag (at least -15 °C), insulating blanket (thick foam or inflatable), waist harness, locking carabiner and descender.
- Personal: 2 pairs of sunglasses (one as spare), sunscreen (SPF 50), lip sun protection (SPF 30), moisturizing skin cream, bottle of water of at least 900 cc with thermal lining, front lamp (with spare batteries), sailor bag with padlock.
I am an IFMGA and a High Mountain AAGM certified Mountain Guide. I was born in San Juan, where I found my passion for the mountains when I was a child. Today my home is El Chalten, this magical place where I have my family and where I work and live since 2008.
I have climbed many different peaks along the Andes, as well as in Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, France, Spain, Germany Italy, Austria and Switzerland. I have climbed great mountains and new froutes in Patagonia, both in Cerro Torre and in the Fitz Roy mountains.
One of my biggest achievments was the Standhardt - Herron - Egger traverse and the "Directa Huarpe" new route, on the west face of Cerro Torre. Including this ascent, I have climbed Cerro Torre three times and Fitz Roy four times.
I also guide in the Central Andes, in places such as Cerro Mercedario and Vallecitos in Mendoza, among other mountains. I am also a Mountaineering and Climbing instructor in different associations and member of the relief committee at the Club Andino Mercedario of the San Juan Province.
I guide my clients mainly in Patagonia. I spend summer in the town of El Chalten and I move to Bariloche, in northern Patagonia, in the winter, where I guide more technical excursions, like ice and/or rock climbing, as well as classic mountaineering ascents. During the year I also guide in the mountains of Peru, Bolivia and in Europe.
Even when I’m not working I enjoy climbing, bouldering, sport skiing and mountaineering.Keeping at my highest level of performance helps me ensure my clients’ safety, that is always my top priority.
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures!