Enjoy a 2-day climbing ascent of Mount Matterhorn through the Lion's ridge from Cervinia, or the Hornli ridge from Zermatt with one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team.
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Climbing Mount Matterhorn is always a great pleasure for us. Join me on this 2-day adventure to the top of the most iconic and beautiful mountain in the Swiss Alps.
The Matterhorn (4,478 m) is a huge pyramidal peak in the Alps, standing on the border between Switzerland and Italy. It has four steep faces surrounded by glaciers, and can be ascended through two different routes:
From Switzerland: starting from Zermatt, via the Hornli ridge (staying at Hornli hut – 3260m).
From Italy: starting from Breuil-Cervinia, going via Lion's rigde (staying at rifugio Carrel – 3829m).
We can also do a traverse from one side to the other.
The Matterhorn is one of our favorite spots in the Alps. It has inspired many of our dreams. We really enjoy bringing friends and clients to this mountain and also contemplating the beautiful views when going up and from the summit.
This is a mixed and demanding ascent. It requires a very good fitness level, having previous mountaineering experience and acclimatization. We can spend one or several days together before going for the Matterhorn summit in order to train and get acclimatized.
The whole ascent will take 2 days. During the first one, we will walk up to the refuge. Then, on the second one, we will try to reach the summit and go back to our starting point.
Starting from Breuil Cervinia, we can do the first part of the ascent by car, up to Rifugio Orionde (2802m). This can save us a little bit of energy for the following parts.
It is important to mention that the program will be discussed and organized together. The path we will take will depend on your wishes, your level, the experience you have and also the weather and snow conditions.
If you wish to get prepared and spend some more days in the mountains with me, I recommend you to have a look at my Matterhorn 7-day guided climbing tour.
Please note that Matterhorn is not suitable for beginners. Previous mountaineering experience (including technical skills) is required.
Is Matterhorn on your bucket list? If so, please get in touch with me and let's discuss it together. It will be my pleasure to take you up there!
- Guiding fee
60 Euros/per person for ice axe, harness, crampons and helmet. Transfers and accommodation are not included in the price.
Equipment list : - Harness - Helmet - Classic Crampons - Classic ice axe I can rent you the above item if you need - Mountain boots - Sun glasses - Backpack (30 lt) - Daisy chain or longe - 2 screw carabiners - 2 pairs of gloves (light and warm)
In case of bad weather, we will try to move the trip to another area or date if possible, or we will refund you.
- Cervinia for the Lion's ridge - Zermatt for the Hornli ridge
Other gear: Mountain boots, daisy chain or longe, 2 screw carabiners, 2 pairs of gloves.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
Aosta Valley, Italy
Stefano was an experienced and demanding guide.
Incredible adventure. The contact and the organisation with Peaks Hunter was perfect. The experience with the Guide (Claudio) was also perfect. Very professional guide, perfect French speaker. It was a pleasure to spend those two days with him. Reaching the summit without him would have been impossible. (Do not believe in the Youtube videos over the Lion Ridge, they are not a good representation of the journey, much harder but way more nice) Thank you Peaks Hunter.
Hi, I had a great time climbing the Matterhorn. It was not easy but it was a real challenge. Many thanks to you Elis for the advices and all the help you gave me. You really made this adventure fun. Hope to see ya soon. Ash.
Climbing Matterhorn has been an extraordinary mountaineering experience for me. I particularly enjoyed the spectacular views while going up and from the summit (discovering Dent d’Hérens, Monte Rosa Range, Dent Blanche…during the sun rise). I also liked the fact that it required different climbing technics to go up (ice, rock…). Thank you very much Elis for guiding me on Matterhorn. I felt secured and I enjoyed very much your company. Let’s do another peak together soon!
Matterhorn 2-day ascent
Matterhorn 2 Day Guided Climb From Switzerland
Breithorn, Pennine Alps, Guided Ascent
2-day Matterhorn summit via the Hörnli Ridge, from Zermatt
Matterhorn guided climb via Hornli ridge
Matterhorn 7-day guided climbing tour
Matterhorn Preparation Climb on Breithorn
Climbing the Matterhorn, training day in Zermatt + 2-day ascent via the Hornli ridge
Matterhorn 2 Day Guided Climb from Italy
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.