Join one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team on a 2 day climb of the Punta Gnifetti and admire the scenery from the famous Regina Margherita Hut at the summit.
Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
The Punta Gnifetti (4,554m) is a gorgeous peak in the Pennine Alps. Also known as Signalkuppe in German, this wonderful peak, standing on the border between Switzerland and Italy, is park of the Monte Rosa Massif.
On this 2 day trip you will not only get to enjoy the thrilling climb to Punta Gnifetti's summit. You will also get to enjoy an unrivalled view of the Alps from the famous Regina Margherita refuge. This amazing mountain hut, which sits at the summit of the peak, is the highest mountain hut in all of Europe. The hut, named after the Italy's Queen consort, Marghertia of Savoy, is truly incredible. Due to the altitude, the hut is also draped in sheet copper to ward off electrical fields.
On the first day of the trip, we will depart from Gressoney and spend 2 to 3 hours hiking to the Refuge Mantova (3,470m). On the second day, we will spend 8 to 9 hours making our way up and then back down the Punta Gnifetti. When we reach the summit, you can rest assured that you will have ample time to enjoy the amazing view, as well as the unique experience of seeing it from the Margherita hut.
What makes this trip even more amazing is that the climb itself is not that difficult. That means even mountaineering beginners can participate and enjoy the wonder of Punta Gnifetti and the famous Margherita hut on its summit!
If this sounds like something you want to spend 2 days doing in the Pennine Alps, send us a message, and let's make it happen.
We also offer other 2-day, easy climbs in the Pennine Alps, including this adventure to the summit of the Vincent Pyramid.
- Guiding fee
- Accommodation included
- Lift tickets
- Ice axe
- Trekking poles
* Guiding fee
* Liability insurance
* Accommodation at Mantova Hut or Gnifetti Hut
* Dinner and breakfast
* Packed lunch for the day of the ascent
* Lift tickets
* Harness, crampons, ice axe and trekking poles (if requested)
* Loan of shared safety material
Price does not include
* Extra meals and beverages for customers and Guides
* Transfer to the meeting point (if required)
* Anything that is not mentioned under "Price includes".
We take the cable car up to Punta Indren (3,270 m). From there, we proceed on foot either to the Mantova Hut (3,498 m), about an hour’s walk. Dinner and overnight stay at one of the huts.
We set off from Mantova hut after breakfast early in the morning. We put crampons on to climb up the glacier until we get close to the Vincent Pyramid and the Balmenhorn, then we reach the Lysjoch pass (4,250 m). A descending traverse under Parrotspitze takes us under the Signalkuppe; another traverse and a brief and steep final stretch lead us to the Margherita Hut, Europe’s highest building (4,554 m). We descend by the same route to the hut from which we set off, then take the lift down to the parking lot.
Other gear: It is recommended that you bring warm clothes, a harness, walking shoes, crampons, ice axe, sunglasses, sunscreen and a camera.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
I had the best experience and a really great time doing this trip! Thank you to the guides who helped me. It was the highlight of my Europe trip :)
The traveller did not leave a comment.
The traveller did not leave a comment.
I used explore-share based on relatively good reviews. Sadly, my experience with them is very inpersonal and not good. Trip advertised initially as available, followed by direct email from company providing it, trip is not guaranteed as sleep in a hut is not confirmed. Few days before the flight, trip was adjusted (cancelled/ rescheduled/ changed 5 times). I understand and fully appreciate that these trips are hard to arrange and you are not providing them directly. But as a company advertising (for extra fee) them for others, should take a bit of responsibility. I found upsetting to receive generic emails, asking for review on trip which did not happened. No response to my emais, what do they actually means by those emails. Equally refund took approximately 5 days. I was not planning to write any review, but I am very disappointed by their poor communication. I would not use them again!
Nice and kind guide and a beautiful weather made our climb a wonderful experience . Thank you very much .
Gran Paradiso Guided Ascent- All Inclusive
Matterhorn 2-day ascent
Breithorn, Pennine Alps, Guided Ascent
Gran Paradiso guided ascent
Matterhorn 2 Day Guided Climb From Switzerland
Breithorn ascent from Cervinia, Italy - All Inclusive
Open to everyone
Classic All-In Mont Blanc Climb with Acclimatization
All-In Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
“Spaghetti Tour” from Cervinia to Gressoney in Monte Rosa
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.