The Spaghetti Tour consists of an intense crossing of Monte Rosa Massif and its highest summits. Five days under the guidance of one of the IFMGA-certified guides in the Peakshunter team are plenty to get the best taste of the region!
We all know that the “Spaghetti Tour” is about much more than pasta. It consists of a 5-day traverse through the Monte Rosa group starting from Cervinia and ending in Gressoney, in the Aosta Valley.
On this 5-day program, we will conquer the famous Spaghetti Tour and explore some of the most stunning four thousanders in the range. We will climb Western and Central Breithorn, Pollux, Castor, Lyskamm Nose, the Vincent Pyramid, Balmenhorn, Ludwigshoe, Punta Gnifetti, and Zumstein. Aside from climbing to the fantastic summits of these mountains, you will have the opportunity to sleep at the highest hut in the Alps: the Capanna Margherita, at almost 4554 m. Furthermore, all the huts in the region are in fact famous for their pasta, which is why the tour is named spaghetti and will be welcome resting and dining spots in the evenings.
The maximum group size for the Spaghetti tour is 3. Moreover, all the members of the group must have basic mountaineering skills and good physical condition. Keep in mind we’ll have to face quite a demanding altitude change and walk around 6-8 hours each day.
At the bottom of this description, you can find more details about prices as well as a sample itinerary of the program. You can also read one client’s account of what the experience was like for him to get a better idea.
So, if you’re ready to explore the stunning Monte Rosa massif and enjoy some great pasta while you’re at it, then you can’t miss this amazing 5-day Spaghetti Tour! Contact us now and let’s start planning an unforgettable adventure.
We also lead an ascent to Dufourspitze in the Monte Rosa Massif. Check it out!
Group of 1
EUR 3360 Each
Group of 2
EUR 2090 Each
Group of 3
EUR 1780 Each
Want a different number of travellers?
- Guiding fee
- Accommodation included
- Lift tickets
- Ice axe
The price includes:
- UIAGM certified Mountain Guide
- liability insurance
- shared safety material
The price doesn't include:
- research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €12 per person for 7 days
- extra meals and beverages
- anything that is not mentioned under "The rate includes"
We will meet in Cervinia for an equipment check and a short briefing. Then, we’ll take the cable car to Plateau Rosa, where we’ll climb up to the Breithorn Pass and go on to the summit of the Breithorn. A quick descent takes us to the trail that running under the Central Breithorn, the Roccia Nera and Pollux, leading right up the Verra Pass. From there, in about 1 hour we descend to the Ayas Guides hut (3,400 m). We’ll spend the first night there.
Drop: 700 m
Ascent/descent time: 5-6 hours
From the Verra Pass we start the route up the Castor west face. Once at the summit (4,200 m) the viewpoint is magnificent, ranging from the Margherita Hut to the Lyskamm, from Gran Paradiso to Mont Blanc and from the Po Valley to the Swiss four-thousanders.
The descent will follow a fairly easy trail along a snowy ridge, which leads to a steep slope that takes us down to the Felik Pass and the Felik Glacier.
At 3,575 meters high, at the edge of the glacier, we’ll arrive at the Quintino Sella Hut, where we can enjoy a meal and spend the night.
Drop: 800 m
Ascent/descent time: 6-7 hours
For the first 2 hours we’ll walk along the Western Lys glacier. Then we must face a the steep climb to the Naso del Lyskamm. A fairly easy descent leads us to the Eastern Lys glacier, which we cross heading towards the Vincent Pyramid. Having reached the summit, we’ll take the trail to the Gnifetti Hut (3,647 m) where we will enjoy a meal and stay for the night.
Drop: 800 m
Ascent/descent time: 6-8 h
Today we are going to reach the highest mountain hut in Europe, the Margherita Hut (4,554 m).
It is a gradual ascent passing by the summits of the Balmenhorn, the Schwarzhorn, the Ludwigshöhe, and the Zumsteinspitze. Finally, we reach the Signalkuppe Peak, where the Margherita Hut stands. Here, we will enjoy our meal and spend the night.
Drop: 1,500 mAscent/descent time: 6-7 hours
We leave Margherita hut to reach the last of summit over 4,000m, the Zumsteinspitze.
From there, we will head to Gressoney Staffal, where our trip will end.
Drop: 100 m
Drop height: 1,680 m
Ascent/descent time: 6-8 hours
Half-board accommodation prices in the mountain huts. (Rates do not include beverages): €70 per person at Ayas Guides’ Hut (Lambronecca); €70 per person at Quintino Sella at Felik Hut; €75 per person at Gnifetti Hut; €90 per person at Regina Margherita Hut.
Research and rescue insurance with IFMGA coverage (recommended): €12 per person for 7 days. Hiring of any personal equipment (harness, ice axe, crampons and helmet): €20 per person (in case of needing, included in the all-in option).
Fees for lifts facilities, transfers and mountain lodges are subject to changes established and applied by they respective owners, without any liability attributable to the mountain guide.
Giving and receiving smiles, seeing the satisfaction on the faces of our customers, seeking opportunities for growth, stimulating authenticity in personal and group relationships, in sharing mountaineering disciplines, fears, efforts, and moments of difficulty, which are part of the integrated with experiences, essential ingredients of every summit climb: these are our focus, our beliefs, and our most important results, as outdoor Professionals and as people who love the mountains and their work as Alpine Guides!
Founded in 2013 by Elis and Silvia, PEAKSHUNTER Mountain Guides is a team of IFMGA-certified Mountain Professionals and outdoor activities experts, based in the town of Aosta, not far from Courmayeur-Chamonix, on the Italian side of the Mont Blanc massif.
We live and work in the beautiful Aosta Valley region, very close to French and Swiss borders near to Geneva, Milan, and Turin international airports.
Mont Blanc, Matterhorn, Dufourspitze, Pyramide Vincent and Regina Margherita Hut, Gran Paradiso, Breithorn, Lyskamm, Castor and Pollux are only a few of several 4000 Alps summits you can climb with us: most of our team of Guides were born and grew up close to these mountains and they have explored the ascent routes several times during different seasons, with skis or crampons!
- We love our work: we plan all our trips with great commitment and deep respect for the Alpine environment, for its inhabitants, and its territories. Including local traditions in different valleys and Alpine areas.
- We love Mountain, Nature, and Outdoor activities, that we like to share with people from all around the world. We are enthusiastic to meet like-minded adventurers and share new experiences and memorable emotions with the support of our Mountain Guides.
- Safety and Risk Management are essential for us, as elements of fundamental importance during every single trip we plan and carry out with our customers: for this reason, we offer introductory courses to the different alpine disciplines (Mountaineering, Rock climbing, Ice climbing, Ski mountaineering, Freeride, Rescue Crevasse, and Avalanche) to convey awareness and responsibility to our customers.
- We offer solid Experience, with several years organizing outdoor disciplines around mountain and wild areas, in many different countries of Italy and Europe, for individuals or groups, including 7-day customer support for booking, logistics, and personal assistance for planning and reservations.
- As certified Mountain Guides, we offer training courses, to improve technical skills and to learn basic knowledge about mountaineering in the Alps, which is essential to explore and climb the Mountains safely in any situation or conditions.
- We are happy to provide customized programs for every customer's demand: our Experience is synonymous with Professionalism and Customer Care to guarantee unforgettable emotions and beautiful smiles!
Fulfill your dreams, discover breathtaking views or simply enjoy an extraordinary day: you just need to use your imagination and we will carry out your trip as you desire to live it!
Let’s plan your next mountain project together!
Italian | French | English
Aosta Valley, Italy
Everything was Great!!!
David Perez Montes
Great experience all over. The guides Rolando, Ellis and Claudio were very professional and nice. I always felt safe and the route was amazing. Good food and lodging also.
Gran Paradiso Guided Ascent- All Inclusive
Matterhorn 2-day ascent
Gran Paradiso guided ascent
Breithorn ascent from Cervinia, Italy - All Inclusive
Open to everyone
Breithorn, Pennine Alps, Guided Ascent
Gran Paradiso Course and Climb
3-day mountaineering tour in Monte Rosa
Punta Gnifetti, Margherita Hut, All-Inclusive Guided Ascent
Mont Blanc and Gran Paradiso Climb
Stay up-to-date on the best adventures.